• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

backup/restore

W

webrebel

Okay, since migration manager is a corps and until lazarus comes along, I'm trying to move domains from plesk 6.0 server to new 7.5.1 server using backup cp at the old server and restore cp at the new. Here is the alert error I'm getting when trying to restore:

Unable to restore file: Error: domain_bu: Dump signature verification failed for /var/lib/psa/dumps/insertdonainxx.com/backupfilexxx
Dump signature verification failed for var/lib/psa/dumps/insertdonainxx.com/backupfilexxx

What now???

http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20705

See on this post my message, I find out only possibilities to go like this. But I'm still on prepare to do this work and I'm very afraid.
Why is so hard to export all domains, databases, mail accounts, DNS settings, Apache settings etc. from one server and install it in a new one, I don't know. I cannot understand.

I can't upgrade the old servers (not without major costs). And it would be an expensive trial if it didn't work. Since you haven't tried it......

Anyone else have suggestions? Thanks, Mike

I received exactly the same error:

I am attempting to restore a backup file (domain backup) from a
Plesk 7.1 server to a newer Plesk 7.5 server. After selecting the
correct restoration parameters, I get the following error message:

"Unable to restore file: Error: domain_bu: Dump signature verification
failed for /var/lib/psa/dumps/domain.com/20050203-domain.com-backup Dump signature failed for /var/lib/psa/dumps/domain.com/20050203-domain.com-backup"

I'm not sure I fully understand the implications of this thread. Are we proposing that Plesk in intentionally preventing the ability to backup a domain from one server to move it to another?

Chris

Backup/restore only works on the servers with same versions of Plesk. Backup from Plesk 6.0.x or 7.0.x will not work on Plesk 7.5.x server.

You need to either:
- upgrade old servers to the same version of Plesk as your new servers have
- use a test server which has an old version of Plesk installed, restore data, upgrade Plesk, backup data and restore it to the actual server
- install an older version of Plesk on the new server, restore data, upgrade Plesk

HERE IS THE ANSWER TO THE STUPID DUMP VERIFICATION PROBLEM

Originally posted by Ales
Backup/restore only works on the servers with same versions of Plesk. Backup from Plesk 6.0.x or 7.0.x will not work on Plesk 7.5.x server.

You need to either:
- upgrade old servers to the same version of Plesk as your new servers have
- use a test server which has an old version of Plesk installed, restore data, upgrade Plesk, backup data and restore it to the actual server
- install an older version of Plesk on the new server, restore data, upgrade Plesk

This is not correct. Please be sure to know what you are saying when you make posts like this. You can restore backups on accross multi platforms, plesk versions, and servers with the following:

Okay, listen closely to this step by step process to fix this problem.

1. Create a backup of the domain with the plesk backup utility

2. Log into your mysql server and go to the psa database

3. Go to the table named misc

4. Find the param named bu_cert_id and record the value, should be a number like 3 or 4 some another close value

5. Now go to the table named certificates

6. Find the id that matches the number recorded in step 4, it will look something like this:

id csr pvt_key cert cert_file ca_cert ca_file name
1 [BLOB - 0 Bytes] [BLOB - 1.8 KB] [BLOB - 1.7 KB] certXW8kZHj [BLOB - 0 Bytes] default certificate
2 [BLOB - 546 Bytes] [BLOB - 541 Bytes] [BLOB - 0 Bytes] [BLOB - 0 Bytes] secure
3 [BLOB - 0 Bytes] [BLOB - 887 Bytes] [BLOB - 251 Bytes] [BLOB - 0 Bytes]

7. For me the id was 3, so row 3 was the certificate I needed.

8. This is the certificate you need on the new server, this is the pest causing all these problems!

9. Export this row to a text file

10. Open this text file and you will see the following within the file:

-- Dumping data for table `certificates`
--

INSERT INTO `certificates` VALUES (3, '', 0x2d2d2d2d2d424547494e205253...lots of characters...

11. Copy only this sql command with the entire key

12. This same key will work for all domains backed up on the server.

13. Once you are done with all your backups, go to the new server's mysql psa database
a. Or if you are upgrading plesk, upgrade and then go to the same database
b. Or if you are upgrading your server operating system, upgrade and go to the psa database

14. Go straight to the certificates table

15. Run the sql command but make sure the certificate id matches the certificate id in the misc table.

THATS IT, YOU ARE DONE AND CAN NOW RESUME TO RESTORE ALL DOMAINS BACKED UP WITH THIS KEY.

Good luck,

Robert

Back