• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup the plesk data

C

Corbrio

How can i backup the data given in the plesk webpage.
- Domain registrations
- Email adresses
- Domain alias
etc etc

My server crashed down 2 times and both times i needed to create al the domains, email adresses etc etc... this is a hell of a job... so please need help..
Surfzone Internet Diensten

You can backup using the psadump, but this is quite slow, or you can backup using a shell script (there are a couple on this forum also). Another solution is 4PSA Total Backup, which is more advanced as it supports incremental backups and remote storage.

I would go with total backup with the tar method.....

This backup system has recovered my entire sitebuiler dbs after someone took a huge **** on my server. ;)

OKeee...
So now i am using a script --> tar -cvzf Total_backup_03.10.2005.tar.gz /home/httpd/vhosts /var/lib/mysql /var/qmail/mailnames to backup the system. i was looking for PSADump but cant find it anyware.
Is this a standard plesk tool ore is it custom?

Sorry for asking but i am a newbie at plesk administrating.

(thanks for al the help so far )

when we try to execute the command

psadump -f /root/psa_backup/my_psa_backup_file --clients-ids-skip=/root/psa_backup/my_client_ids_file

it says :::
psadump : command not found

Any idea?

Here's what it looks like in my weekly cron job:

PHP:
/usr/local/psa/bin/psadump -f backupfilename --nostop --nostop-domain

You can modify the above to include a client ID list file., which is what I do for my nightly backup.

This is essential reading:

Plesk 7.5 reloaded backup/restore manual

Back