• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Banned IP, cant send mail, what to do?

trec

New Pleskian
One of my clients is reporting an e-mail problem to one server. I tested and had a good traceroute from my ISP, but from my server there is a block before ev1.net (where the final user's client is located).

I submitted a ticket to my provider, they said it's a banned IP from my server and they will look at it. That was 10 days ago, and still no answer.

Anyone has a clue on how to resolve this?
I have 10 Ip's on my server, but all the e-mail came out from the same master IP, is there a process to change the IP from where the e-mail cames out?

as far as I look, until now I can only buy another server with different IP's just for this client! and is very strange that theplanet support staff takes so long to answer or fix it!.

Server:
RHES3, Dual Xeon 2.8, Plesk 7.5.2

Hi,

Maybe the default smtp port 25 is blocked from your ISP (which was it in my case), create another smtp port.

You could also try first to use SMTPS (SSL) on port 465 with your client.

Bart

the problem is that I think all the ports are blocked by this client on ev1.net, because the traceroute doesn't reach to destination from my server it get stucked on above.net, before ev1.net

and the same traceroute, from another IP it reach their destination without problems

Even more, my IP is blocked to the full ev1.net !

that's why I need to change the IP from where the mail goes out or find another solution!

Back