• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Banner photo sizing

T

tworing

Hello,

I want to use an uploaded photo in place of the default banner. However, the program uploads my photo to a size smaller than the default banner, so that my photo only occupies a portion of the available banner space rather than filling it as the default banner did. I've tried different photo sizes, dpi and file formats but get the same result. Are there any specific file/format parameters I should use so that an uploaded photo will fill the banner space?

If there is no way to fix this problem, then is there any way to expand the selection of default banners for a particular template?

Thanks

Hello,
What design template did you choose (on the second Design step in Wizard)?

I looked at this template. Here is problem: this template is stretchable. To support this property header contains three images - one you can switch with your own, and two small additional at the both sides of main image. One of it that have identical pixel with the right side of main picture is pretty thin and gets copied plenty times to make illusion of image stretching...
Unfotunately you cannot change additional header images right now. So if you want to use exactly this one design template with own header image - you could ask designer to prepare you image so it would have the same pixels at the right side as default header image. Then it would look nice and smoothly.
Thank a lot for your feedback and sorry for this inconvenient. We understand that sometimes templates are not easily customizable, we are working on it.

OK. I tried several other templates and had the same result. I will try to either match my photo background to the banner background or try to find a template with default banners that are closer to what I am looking for. If anyone has any alternative suggestions, please post.

Thanks for the help!

OK. I tried several other templates and had the same result. I will try to either match my photo background to the banner background or try to find a template with default banners that are closer to what I am looking for. If anyone has any alternative suggestions, please post.

Thanks for the help!

Tworing, Yes i agree, seems to be a fundamental flaw in the current version, i've already reported this in a post so hopefully this sort of issue will get addressed

My personal preference would be that all templates are a fixed width so they dont stretch
and then you just use the same dimensions for the replacement header image

You could try using the SDK to design your own templates ... a little more involved though

Hmmm...probably too much work for me to try customizing templates right now, but thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to find your post and add my comments. I'm using Sitebuilder through my current web host. I had been using another sitebuilding program through a different web host, and Sitebuilder is much better. Unfortunately, the banner sizing issue is a major flaw because it is so noticeable.

Back