• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Before I Migrate 8.0.1 to 8.3 question.

C

carliebentley

Greetings all.
I have a Plesk 8.0.1 server running RHEL3.

I got a deal on a new server running CentOS5 and Plesk 8.3.

So naturally I want to simply migrate the data from the 8.0.1 to the new 8.3

Is this something the Migration Manager will do?

Apparently I can't use the backup system because of a missing node statement in the backups from the 8.0.1 box.

Help!

Well, I'm trying it, now, and it seems to be working, although it'll take quite some time to migrate 200 sites, it seems to be working fine. At least it says it is...

While I must hold it's hand, by migrating small batches of domains, due to an instability of my 8.0.1 server, 8.3 is migrating everything very well. This is going to save me a world of time, compared to using backup and restore.

If your old server is weak, the compression during the migration will take time, that's why it's best to do the migration in small batches.

Actually, the only problem I've experienced so far is the Mailing List Manager. Apparently it's not properly configured (yet) on my 8.3 server. So any site that were using mailing lists pop and error message during the migration. However it still migrates the site and the mail accounts.
If that's the only problem I encounter I'm not going to complain...

Back