• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Best Windows backup software?

C

cbtrussell

I've got a spare 80Gb drive in my Plesk box that I'd like to store backups on. Would appreciate any recommendations regarding the best backup solutions for Plesk/Windows:

1) bare-metal capable backups
2) plesk compatible backups
3) custom backup solutions(?)

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Brandon

look downward in this forum

Powered by Acronis online server backup software

we use the same with second hardisk in the system and via usb harddisk. we make also plesk backup to the second harddisk. acronis works without the server to shut down.

it belongs to experience process to lose once the data. it is like a msce certifikat. marry, house build, tree plant, data lose .:cool:

I'd Suggest going for 'Retrospect Dantsz' which I feel a Great one for any configuration. If you want to have a Backup which is reliable, then you should standout from control panel and backup the control panel as well so that your backup copy will be safe...:)

Try the URL - http://www.dantz.com/

I have used Retrospect for about 3 years now, on Mac OSX Server and for the past year on Windows 2003 Server. It is in my opinion one of the best packages around. The restore funtions are fantastic and with the incramentals you can actually see everything that changes on the server on a daily bases.

Retrospect does not rely on the archive attribute as it has it's own method off checking files for modification which means your initual backup is rather large which you can not remove but other than that i highly recomend it.

Encryption options are quite good, and scripting is easy for automation. I have a one hundred client licence with mine also which is great. All clients are manageable from the servers once you install the client package on the workstations, or for labtops that check in once or twice a week. Everything is automated, it has never let me down, it just works.
http://www.dantz.com

I Have Used The Back-up In Microsoft Windows 2003, It Seems To Work Well.

Thanks for the great replies. For those of you using Retrospect, which version are you using?

Thanks

Brandon

I am using version 5 for Mac OSX Server and version 5.6 for Windows Server ...

I know that they have added alot more options to the newer versions but I have not had one single issue with what we have, it does exactly what we want so there has not been any reason to upgrade, no bugs, no security issues.

Sorry, I meant are you using Retrospect Single Server or Desktop?

Back