• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Better licenses.

N

nend

Hi,

IMHO we could do with better licences. cPanel currently offers unlimited domains for about the same price SW Soft offers 100 domains.

IMHO again domain limits is something that a hosting control panel should of never had in the beginning. It is like me buying a copy of XP to only be able to install 10 applications. If I wanted to install more Microsoft would require me to upgrade my license. See this method doesn't make sense.

No big problem but I have been thinking about switching because of this. It's the only thing that has been bothering me. I know my next server is going to have cPanel installed because of this exact reason.

I know it may be hard to switch and credit customers towards a new type of licenses. But think of what the competition is offering and what are the reasons they are currently #1 at this time. ;)

They also have web-based control for spamassassin and clamav, as well as their own version of Application Vault (plus Fantastico for an added bonus to those who go to netenberg), and much cleaner control of the entire package for the same cost... not to mention the gameserver module which is being developed (many MANY more games and better control, and it's free).
I think it's getting time that swsoft review it's pricing and packaging policies. Of course, first they would need to establish how to get a stable release out before putting a pre-beta to public.
It's nice to be able to offer customers something with more features and cleaner control for less... swsoft could learn from it.

I used a online form here to send some feedback on this. It just bounced back to my email address I put in the form. LOL, the form was hosted on thier servers, there shouldn't been any reason for that.

I still wish they would look at their licenses. They may see it as a loss of profit but I dont. It all has to do with selling something in bulk by the masses. If you truly have a great product there will be allot of people buying it. So by lowering prices you will bring in more customers, so nothing is actually lost and there might actually be a gain in profit. I think this is the concept cpanel has.

SW Soft has a great product, 7.5 that is. They need to work on their releases a little better though. Cpanel is still in the lead IMHO and probally sells allot more cp licenses than SW Soft.

Only if someone from SW Soft can reply. I can never seem to get hold of anyone there. The system used to contact them simply doesn't work.

The only way to really get hold of them is to open a trouble ticket... unless you work through a datacenter and get Plesk from them, in which case you are SOL. Another plus for CPanel (they'll deal with you, no matter where you get the license from, so long as it is valid).

Back