• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

better than plesk

T

teeuwen

I bought plesk unlimited for windows but the support isn't what I expected. I'm trying to setup the (local) mailservices and plesk wont help me. I have to pay 75 ,- for my question regarding the setup.

What windows panel is better then plesk ?

This really isn't the place to ask. PSA 6.5 was just released a month or two ago. Ensim is the only other windows panel I know thats widely used by hosting providers, but its alot more expensive.

Which part of the mail service exactly are you trying to setup? What are you trying to accomplish. The more I know the more chance I have of helping. I would recommend staying with Plesk. They offer a good product that has an ease of use better than ensim for end users.

plesk

Oke, I'll give plesk a change, but at this thime I haven't host at all on Windows. I'll go tonight again to our serversuite in Amsterdam to install the last update, maybe this help to fix the sendmail? problem.

Actualy I'm a linux man but I want to offer our customors Windows hosting, so I bought a brand new Megaserver, Plesk Unlimited and Windows Server 2003. Now I'm learning for MCP for our SPLA agreement. So far I invest +/- 5000,- euro for this project, so I have to go on. If I fail this project, I'll use the server for linux, and thats a big investment for a linuxbox :).
Anyway, at this time I haven't host zero on the Windows box !!! When I asked for install help by the Plesk support and they tell me that I have to pay for it. So you can imaging that I was finished with plesk.

Oke, now back to my mail problem: I cant sent mail from the localhost (like a formmail of thru Webmail). Send and receive with outlook is no problem. I discribed the (poor) error in an other post on this forum. I haven't set remote acces like SSH on the server (maybe someone can explain how to do this), so every time something is wrong I have to drive 30 km to our server suit. I hope many providers will use Plesk for Windows so this forum will be a lot more useful.

Please email me at [email protected]. I can probably help. Also, Plesk for Windows 6.5 should not have sendmail, unless you installed it seperately. It includes MailEnable.

Hi

Has anyone a solution to send forms with php

thanks Erik

Use the PHP Mail strings. It works fine.

It uses SMTP to send and you can enable Mailenable to accept incoming SMTP from the server itself.

Hi

Like this

<FORM name=validation METHOD=POST ACTION="<? echo "$PHP_SELF"; ?>"

Give your strings about that

thanks Erik

Re: plesk

Originally posted by teeuwen
I haven't set remote acces like SSH on the server (maybe someone can explain how to do this), so every time something is wrong I have to drive 30 km to our server suit. I hope many providers will use Plesk for Windows so this forum will be a lot more useful.

For remote access you should use Terminal Services. It should be setup already in Windows (you probably have to turn it on in 2003 - it was on by default in 2000). Then you connect to it through terminal services client which is available for download from Microsoft if you don't have it. Just search their site for Terminal Services for more information, its just like be at the machine when you use it.

Btw, are you still in your first 30 days? PLESK is supposed to give free setup support for the first 30 days....

Back