• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

BIG problem after upgrading

M

manarak

I tried to upgrade my PSA 7.5.3 from ART to 7.5.4 through the updater.

The upgrade gave some errors:
Preparing for packages installation...
----- begin of output -----
Installing /PSA_7.5.3/rpm_FedoraCore_2/opt/mail/perl-Text-Iconv-1.2-21.i586.rpm
Installing /PSA_7.5.3/rpm_FedoraCore_2/opt/mail/psa-spamassassin-7.5.3-fc2.build75050506.13.i586.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
psa-spamassassin conflicts with spamassassin-3.1.0-1.rhfc2.art

----- end of output -----
===> Autoinstaller: stopped logging at Sun Oct 16 09:59:54 2005

At this time, the errors in the Plesk panel began:
The file loger.php3 is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment.

And I could not upgrade.

I then removed spamassassin through yum remove spamassassin.

Then I tried upgrading PSA to 7.5.4 through the updater.

Since then, I cannot login anymore to the control panel, the error message always says:
The file constants.php3 is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment.

Can anyone help me getting these problems solved?
-> restore access to admin panel
-> upgrade Plesk to 7.5.4 proper?

Thank you

can someone tell me how to remove plesk 7.5.4 components only?

Check with RPMQUERY which package is installed and uninstall it with RPM -e. I guess that is what you mean.

I will try that this evening.

So it is really possible to downgrade to 7.5.3?

Never tried it.. but should be possible if you erase the psa packages. The only problem is the libaries that might be an issue.

what should I look for with rpmquery?
what are plesk's package names?

SOLVED

All problems came from a missing symlink for the timezone.

hello
I also have the same problem and not like solving it.
pless help

I tried to upgrade my PSA 7.5.3 from ART to 7.5.4 through the updater

[The file constants.php3 is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment.

root@server2 root]# ls -l /etc/localtime
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 33 nov 2 23:26 /etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Madrid
[root@server2 root]#

I too am having this issue. I have a virtual dedicated server thru GoDaddy.com

The Problem is, I do not know how to access the root files on my server to edit them. Any ideas?

Do I access files via dreamweaver?.. Would my ftp Host be my IP to server?

I updated Plesk to v5.4?, also updated spamassasin, and it then crashed... and will not allow me access, giving the error: "The file constants.php3 is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment."

after some research, ive downlaoded a program called Putty, but am having trouble learning how to use it. I believe I have accessed my root via the putty command. But thats about as far as Ive gotten.

Back