• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bind Troubles

P

prowler318

Bind Troubles (Force Remove Bind)

How do you totally remove bind from plesk and reinstall.......I tried to force an install did not work says bind 9.2.1 is installed and bind 9.2.4.

I issued a rpm -e package says package is not installed.

--Prowler318

please help........

What bind packages do you have installed exactly at the moment (see the output of rpm -qa | grep bind)?

I had 9.2.2 28 something like that. After getting bind somewhat working mysql stop working saying permissions so I did a flat file copy and blew the server away. Thanks for your help though....
--Prowler318

Now I am trying to restore all the vhosts and qmail files....will mostly likely post a new thread.

Here is the 411. I have installed CentOS 5 and loaded Plesk 8.6.0 but DNS works but doesn't. Running 9.3.3....THe problem is I can not do a dig or nslookup and find the domain names on either external bind servers or plesk itself. I think it is a issue with bind not sure. I also have one guy who says his domain name resolves to the private address when the DNS zone says he public address. Please help I have never had this much trouble with Plesk untill DNS broke the other day and MySQL causing me to loose the PSA database.

Back