1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Blacklisted?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by jpipitone, May 25, 2006.

1. jpipitone

jpipitone Guest

For some reason my IP has been blacklisted on the Spamhaus blacklist.

I don't allow relaying and I have SMTP authentication turned on.

What could be the reason why I'm getting blacklisted?

My Whitelist within Plesk is as follows:

127.0.0.0 / 8

2. codesmith

codesmith Guest

Could be because of your ISP. Spamhaus may have blocked a range of ip's owned by your ISP due to other accounts being a problem.

3. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    How long have you had the IP? It is possible you were given a "bad" one, but..

It's possible that you have an unsecured script which is being exploited and used to send spam from your server. Here's a pretty good thread:

http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31183&highlight=spam+script

You might want to go to dnsstuff.com and insert your IP into their Spam Database Lookup and see if you are on other lists.

4. jpipitone

jpipitone Guest

Thanks for the info - I'll have to look into this. It doesn't appear that I'm in the spam database....

5. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    If you're not listed any where else, contact Spamhaus and ask them to clear you from their blacklist.