• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bug with AuthPSA and Mail Aliases??

B

BritainC

I just upgraded to v9.2.3 today (I figured it would be a quick thing, oh well). I had many issues with the upgrade, most of which I believe I have worked out. Last one is that it appears as though the authpsa library will accept mail account alias names as valid account names, and if the password provided matches the password of the account associated with the alias then it allows that to pass. But it doesn't all the way work, it puts an error like the following in the maillog:

Dec 24 19:57:50 vps imapd: IMAP connect from @ [nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn]chdir "/var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/alias_name": No such file or directory

So what it does is find the first mail account or alias (not sure what the ordering criteria is) that matches both the provided name and password. It then tried to find the path associated with the mail account. The problem is that if it found an alias, there is no directory to find.

Can someone else try this and confirm or not? Easiest way to test is use telnet to 110 on your server with the USER and PASS commands to perform a login. It will either says "+OK logged in", "-ERR Login failed." or it will immediately drop the connection. The latter indicates that it tried to authenticate using an alias and failed to find the qmail maildir folder.

Should the /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mail_auth_view app include mail aliases?

Did you tried to rebuild mailsettings with 'mchk --with-spam' ? Please try it and update thread with more details if it not help.

No help.

The problem seems to be related to the order in which the domains/users are defined in the

/var/qmail/users/assign

file. So if the alias is before a same-named actual account name then this problem occurs.

Just FYI for anyone else with this issue - it has been confirmed as a bug and it sounds like the Parallels team is working on the fix. No ETA yet on the solution though.

I ended up going through my hosting provider and they worked with Parallels who confirmed the bug.

Hello,

I also can not login using mail alias-name and correct password in my mail-client!
Entry in messages:
Jan 5 16:22:06 ~~~~~~ pop3d: IMAP connect from @ [~~.~~.~~.~~]ERR: LOGIN FAILED, ip=[~~.~~.~~.~~]

"mchk --with-spam" has the following output:
==> Checking for: mail_spam_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mailsrv_conf_init... ok
==> Checking for: mail_mailbox_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mailsrv_entities_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_admin_aliases... fail
==> Checking for: mail_auth_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mailman_lists_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_responder_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_drweb_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_kav_restore... not exsists
==> Checking for: mail_spf_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_dk_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_grey_restore... ok
updating conf file pop3d-ssl
updating conf file imapd-ssl
Stopping Courier-IMAP server:
Stopping imap done
Stopping imap-ssl done
Stopping pop3 done
Stopping pop3-ssl done

Starting Courier-IMAP server:
Starting imapd done
Starting imap-ssl done
Starting pop3 done
Starting pop3-ssl done

Errors occured in mail restore procedure
Some utilities was exited with errors:
/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/mail_admin_aliases

I'm using Plesk 9.2.3...

What can I do?
celsius

Problem still exists in Plesk 9.3

Is Parallels working on this problem?

Seems that you have not updated MTA. Check it with

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --show-components
And if it is not updated run

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components

Back