• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Built in Firewall

K

knocx

Why dont plesk has a built in firewall? It would be a very good idea to integrate a 3rd. party firewall with plesk (i.e APF)

knocx

Is this a serious poll or have you not looked at the feature set for Plesk 7.5 ?

i have just realized that its already done :)
thanks to sw-soft

Originally posted by rldev
What firewall is it? Can BFD be used with it?

It's just a part of plesk that generates iptables rulesets.

Nope... got told, and discovered, that APF and BFD can not work with the firewall interface in Plesk. It uses IPTABLES, but there is no way to import current rules, or communicate with the firewall outside of the Plesk panel.
I'm hoping they will fix this VERY soon, as I refuse to sacrifice my servers security just to have a new interface for iptables, when I can get better off Webmin (an iptables interface that will work alongside APF and BFD, instead of against it).
Basically, it works with iptables, loading the rules when needed, but runs out of MySQL (that is where the rules are stored). Basically, make your choice.

Well I don't the legalities but this seems like a rather weak firewall solution. Disapointing.

Back