1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

C++ scripts

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Osmolovsky, May 30, 2005.

1. Osmolovsky

Osmolovsky Guest

Sorry for stupid question but does Plesk's vhosts can use C++ scripts?

2. jshanley

jshanley Guest

Do you mean CGI scripts? I'm not aware of a way to run raw C++ code as any kind of script; you'd need to compile it first.

Plesk runs CGI scripts, in the cgi-bin folder.

3. Osmolovsky

Osmolovsky Guest

I am not assured that correctly has asked a question, but the client wants "Perl, Php, Python and C++" and I do not know what to answer about C ++

^)

4. jshanley

jshanley Guest

They want a shell account on your machine, so they can compile programs.

5. Osmolovsky

Osmolovsky Guest

Ohh. me looser ^)

So. Second question.
    Does plesk chrooted shell сan give it necessary functionality ( awk, c++, sh scripts etc) ?

6. jshanley

jshanley Guest

I dont know, I've never tried it and dont want to. I never give shell access to any users on any "shared hosting" machines; I think it's too high of a risk (for me anyway). If they want/need shell access, they can get a dedicated hosting box (imho).

7. Osmolovsky

Osmolovsky Guest

i think full shell is too dangerous, but chrooted shell - not.

need to make more tests before ^)