• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can not connect to ftp anymore?

K

kennyb

I was able to connect to my domain via cuteftp up until last night.
Now for some reason i get "Waiting for welcome message..." then it times out :( I'v tried using another ftp client as well to rule out a fault with cuteftp, but again it just times out. I can connect to my site no problem to view via internet explorer but for some reason no ftp access :(

Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks in advance

Ken

Anyone :( i'm really confused here as to why this has happened :(

You really didn't change anything? You've not enabled a firewall? Have you tried connecting using passive mode FTP?

Thankyou for the reply :)

No i didnt change anything :( I have now deleted my accounts and started again and still the same :( can not get in with my ftp client.
I did notice in my firewall it was asking to connect to mailbox rather than the ftp i stated.
I have also tried conecting via another computer but exactly the same.

Is there anything that i may have changed that may have made this happen?

Thanks again

Ken

Is there any other way i can add whole directories and chmod ect inside plesk? I will be the only one using this server as its for an online shop.

Thanks

Ken

Thanks for the reply

Changed the settings to sftp in in cuteftp.

This is what is what i got.

STATUS:> Connecting to SFTP server 83.166.***.***:22 (ip = 83.166.162.104)...
ERROR:> The file being transferred in ASCII mode appears to be a Binary file. Proceed anyway?
ERROR:> Can't connect to 83.166.***.***:22. SFTP21 error = #0.

This is driving me nuts :( i really can not understand why this has started to happen.

I can still root access via putty but not connect with cuteftp or any other ftp app i'v tried :(

Any more help would be great :)

Thanks for the reply

Ok i'v tried that and still nothing :( Really is very odd.

Is there anything else it could be?

Thanks

Ken

I have tried to run these commands in putty to try and reslove the problem http://kb.swsoft.com/en/175 but i get "No such file or directory" and this [root@localhost ~]# [root@localhost ~]# /var/log/messages
-bash: [root@localhost: command not found
[root@localhost ~]# -bash: /var/log/messages: Permission denied
-bash: -bash:: command not found

Can see me having another late night trying to sort this :( and i bet it turns out to be something really silly i'v missed or done.

Any more suggestions would be really appreciated :)

Ken

Could it be a DNS problem? I just ran my servers ip 83.166.162.104 on www.dnsstuff.com and it came back with 2 errors.

No PTR records exist for 83.166.162.104. [Neg TTL=3600 seconds]

DNSreport for pcdealsxl.net

A timeout occurred getting the NS records from your nameservers! None of your nameservers responded fast enough. They are probably down or unreachable. I can't continue since your nameservers aren't responding. If you have a Watchguard Firebox, it's due to a bug in their DNS Proxy, which must be disabled (31 Jul 2006 UPDATE: several years after being informed of this, there is a rumor that there is a fix that allows the Watchguard DNS proxy to work).

Ken

That certainly looks like DNS is not functioning correctly.

And /var/log/messages is not a command, but a log file.

Thankyou for the reply breun.
I'm not to sure if i'v set up my DNS correctly then :(

I did it in the control panel on 123 reg and changed the nameservers of my domain to shop.pcdealsxl.net and catalog.pcdealsxl.net
Then i entered that when i was setting up an account. I really am lost here :( How do i go about checking my dns settings in plesk and making sure there set up correctly?

Again thankyou breun for taking the time to reply to me.
It really is apreciated :)

Ken

I can not connect direct via the ip address either, so would this rule out it being a DNS problem?

I'v managed to sort out the upload of my site by using sshterm :)

Thankyou again for all of your help :)

Ken

Back