1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Can you replace IMP/Horde as default webmail client?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Sekka, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Sekka

Sekka Guest

Hi.

Basically, I'm not a fan of IMP/Horde at all, and I really want to replace it with a different webmail client. Obviously, Plesk is in someway linked to Horde (or so I assume).

What I want to know is if I just go and put another email client in the /usr/share/psa-horde/ folder, will this work?

Or is there another way to achieve what I want? I want my webmail to be in the subdomain webmail. ... so I need to put it in the folder /usr/share/psa-horde/ so I don't have to install a webmail subdomain on every domain I have.

If someone can at all understand what I am trying to achieve please let me know, as I am new to the whole server thing.

Thank you.

2. BoiseComputer

BoiseComputer Regular Pleskian

23%
    Webmail Client

I was able to install Squirrelmail on my system with no problems. Other than that I haven't found others that work correctly..

3. Sekka

Sekka Guest

Where did you install it though? Within the vistual host or the folder where IMP/Horde is by default?

4. BoiseComputer

BoiseComputer Regular Pleskian

23%