• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot change PLESK Control Panel & FTP passwords

R

rackset

We are facing a critical issue that whenever my website users change their control panel password from domain administrator and FTP password, it remians the same and does not get changed . Please help immediately.

With the amazing $upport we got from $W$OFT, we should change or mind and look for another Control Panel...

password

If you are using plesk windows, login to server via remote desktop connection, click on start --run -- compmgmt.msc.

This will open the user manangement console. Click on the users whose password you cannot changes and check if you have checked the option of user cannot change password or password never expirs.

Uncheck those options and and you should be able to change password from plesk control panel.

Admin
http://shellscripters.com
AIM: shellscripters
MSN : [email protected]

Looks like we have the same problem !
I cannot change a password for a user even if I try from the admin account or from his account.
The idea above with --run -- compmgmt.msc. and modify users does not work.

Please help !

Thanks

We have the exact same problem.
Looks like all accouns have the "User cannot change password" flag but even after removing it we can't change the password from the user panel.
We can do that from the administrator panel but not from the user panel...

At my server It doesn't work from the administrator panel so I cannot change an account password at all (from Plesk).

I am experiencing the same problem and users are not able to change password.
Has anyone been able to find a solution??
Thanks

I did a full reconfigure from remote desktop and it worked.

Im trying to change my Admin pass and I keep getting this error:
Unable to change the administrator's password: Not enough disk space.

Anyone have any ideas?

Obviously I dont want to experiment too much as if I get it wrong I might end up not being able to get back into the server ;)

Actually I just realised this is for windows, im using linux, but im still open to ideas ;)

Back