• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot Change Secure Certificate

K

klack

I bought a secure certificate from Go Daddy and am following these instructions:

# Log in to the Plesk Control Panel.
# From the left-hand menu, select Domains.
# Click on the domain name that the certificate is issued for.
# Click on the Certificates menu item.
# Click the Browse and locate your signed SSL certificate.
# Select the certificate file; then click Send File.
# Navigate to the location of the saved site certificate you received from us. Select it, then select Send File - this will upload and install the certificate against the corresponding private key.
# On the displayed list, click on the name of the certificate.
# Open the certificate bundle (gd_bundle.crt) in a text editor and copy and paste its contents into the box labeled CA Certificate.
# Click the Send Text button.
# Click Up Level; then choose Setup.
# At the top of the page, change the SSL Certificate drop-down menu to the certificate you have just installed.

This is where I run into a problem, I have no drop-down menu on this page. How do I change the assigned secure certificate if I have no drop-down menu?

Yeah, thats what I've heard, but I have a dedicated server. Right above where the drop down menu should be it says:

IP Address 10.0.0.1 Exclusive (2)

You need at add second 2nd IP to your server i.e. 100.0.0.2 (Server - IP Addresess)

This server has always been the same. I shouldn't have to add another IP address. I've installed certificates on this server before, but I use to have the drop down menu. What did you do to get yours to work?

If you want to have a SSL Cert on a site, the site has to be on it's own dedicated IP.
I added another IP to my server and assigned that IP to my website, then the drop down appeared and I was able to select my ssl cert.

Thanks for the help, but I got it to work a different way.

I had to install the certificate to the administrator's repository through Server > Certificates.

Then went to Server > Certificates > Put a check box next to the certificate > Then Clicked Setup

Then I applied the certificate by going to Server > IP addresses > Click on my IP
This gave me a drop down box. I chose my certificate and then hit ok.

Now the certificate is working properly.

I also had some errors in plesk that I had to clear up first. There were some extra subdomains that I removed. They were causing an error anytime I tried to make changes to the Setup section of the domain name.

Its worth checking what cert other sites use on the same IP as they may try and use yours.

Back