• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot create a sub domain

R

RobertS

If I want too add a new subdomain to a specific domain and I get an error:

Code:
Error: Unable to update hosting preferences: SubDomain::update() failed: DNS record already exists.

and a confirmation:
Code:
Info: The subdomain has been created.

The subdomain is NOT added and NOT vissable in Plesk it self. It does create a DNS entry.

I use Plesk 8.1 with the latest patch and it is a clean install (backup of 7.6.0 restored without any errors)

On other domains running on the server this error does not appear at all, only on 1 domain.

What is wrong here and how to fix it?

could you please address support? or you should check table dns_recs in plesk db for existing records.

I cannot login with PHPmyadmin to the database of plesk on port 8806
When I enter the admin password of the mysql (which I changed) I get an error wrong/user pass.
With the same user/pass I can login to the database of the domains but not too the datbase of plesk itself.

I have submitted as suggested a ticket under number: #261372

Did you try
http://kb.swsoft.com/article_150_1364_en.html
?
Also I should notice Plesk MySQL port is 3306 not 8806.
To connect to Plesk MySQL use
Start > Run > cmd.exe
cd %plesk_bin%
plesksrvclient -get (this command copies Plesk admin's password to buffer)
cd %plesk_dir%\mysql\bin
mysql -uadmin -p<past the password from buffer> -P8306 psa

How can I access the Plesk database using PHPmyadmin?

In version 7.6.0 I used a separate phpmyadmin and used port 8306 too connect.
I used the admin username and password and I could connect too the database of Plesk itself.
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = '8306';

But with version 8.1 this does not work anymore, I can connect but it refuses my username and password. When I use that same user/pass on port 3306, it connects and I can see and edit all databases of the domains itself.
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = '';

I already changed the password of the mysql database in the Plesk panel but that password also is not accepted by phpmyadmin, that same password works for the domains of Plesk.

So how do I connect using phpmyadmin to the plesk databases, I am not used to use mysql from the command line. I have no idea how to view/edit/delete from the commandline in mysql

When I use the phpmyadmin in Plesk, Server, sql servers it only shows the domains not the database of Plesk itself

Originally posted by RobertS
When I use the phpmyadmin in Plesk, Server, sql servers it only shows the domains not the database of Plesk itself
You can do following
1. remember credentials of current client MySQL
2. register MySQL server on localhost with port 8306
3. make necessary changes in database
4. register client MySQL again

I did that but as I said the mysql of PSA does not accept the user "admin" with my admin password.(which is 100% correct)

Or is it so that I only can connect on the server itself using phpmyadmin on port 8306 and not remote (phpmyadmin is running on the same server as the database I wish to connect)

I now at last are in the PSA database.

I removed the DNS entries as suggested in the FAQ but the problem is still the same.
There are no DNS entries in the PSA database and still I get an error that the DNS already exist when I want to create a new sub domain.

How to proceed now?

I already submitted a support ticket but problem is still not resolved.

1) The reason of subdomain cannot be created is because domain aliases has www. prefix. There is no way to create it via Plesk because it should show you warning that records a incorect.
2) To solve this problem please recreate domain aliases on this domain (delete all of them and create without www. prefix)

Originally posted by sergius
1) The reason of subdomain cannot be created is because domain aliases has www. prefix. There is no way to create it via Plesk because it should show you warning that records a incorect.
2) To solve this problem please recreate domain aliases on this domain (delete all of them and create without www. prefix)

Sorry but that is not the case.
I want to create "normal" sub domains such as: name.domain.com forum.domain.com etc etc

I have submitted a support ticket and Plesk developers are looking into it, first and second line support could not solve this problem.

So there is no error on my side, I use Plesk for several years and I have created a lot of sub domains in that time. I know what can and cannot be done in Plesk regarding sub domains. In my case this is a BUG in Plesk which is confirmed by Plesk support.
On domain A it works normal but on domain B I get errors when creating a sub domains (even when I use identical settings as on domain A)

I am still waiting now for 2 weeks since I have submitted the support ticket until SW-Soft fixes this problem, they need a lot of time to fix this, meanwhile I cannot add any sub domains on that specific domain....

I had this problem just now. I restarted psa and tomcat & all was good. Not sure what the G-O was.

In fact, my problem was different, i was adding a domain i had never put on the server before to a domain alias.

strange,.

If I want too add a new subdomain to a specific domain and I get an error:

Code:
Error: Unable to update hosting preferences: SubDomain::update() failed: DNS record already exists.

and a confirmation:
Code:
Info: The subdomain has been created.

The subdomain is NOT added and NOT vissable in Plesk it self. It does create a DNS entry.

I use Plesk 8.1 with the latest patch and it is a clean install (backup of 7.6.0 restored without any errors)

On other domains running on the server this error does not appear at all, only on 1 domain.

What is wrong here and how to fix it?

Hi Robert, I know the problem you had was many years ago, but I'm getting crazy with exactly same problem, no more no less

this was the old posted: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?71267-Cannot-create-a-sub-domain

I can create any subdomain in all domains except in one, lets call it "A"

in this "A" I already have about 8 subdomains (I can create unlimited subdomains)

last time I added a subdomain on "A" was on april 21, 2014, without any problem

now I can't add any subdomain, no matter the name I use, the error is the same, with or without "www", physical or folder

nothing works

Plesk send the "error", but create the folder and one dns record

I tried to add manually the second record in plesk and in PSA, the subdomain in PSA.. nothing

I deleted all associate record in dns_recs and subdomain tables directly in PSA and begin again and.... nothing

I know, if I delete the domain and setup as a new domain, it'll works, but I can't do that, first I kill myself

did you find a solution?

Regards

Luis Loya

Back