• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot log into new install

S

Starchaser

I just installed Plesk 6.5 and am getting the error of "The key that you are using is not available". Then I get nothing but a blank screen. I cannot find any reference to this the FAQ's.

The install of Plesk went find with no errors or warning messages (other than telling me I need to update SQL 2000 and it is actually MySQL...). This is a new install of W2K Server and IIS and FP 2002 extensions. All MS patches and SP's have been installed. The IIS lockdown tool was also used.

I am rather discouraged by the lack of replies to other questions on this forum... so I hope someone has an answer as I will not purchase until I get to evaluate it!

hello, I am French and I do not speak English well, excuse me...
I have also this same problem, I installed plesk 6.5 in version of evaluation and I have this error message! Thank you for your assistance! JC

Try and exec the licensekey.exe and reboot. Just double click it. :)

That file is not found under C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk at all... do you happen to know where it resides?

similar at home, the file licensekey.exe is untraceable...

JC

OK. We may be on to something... if I manually open the Plesk Services control panel and manually stop and restart the services, I get "Error 997 at start service PLESKMISCSRV: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress".

Rebooting the server makes no difference. Both the Plesk Miscellaneous Service and Plesk Scheduler are both stopped and give the same error if I try and start them.

And going to port 8443 still gives a blank screen.

If you installed Active Directory on your server it makes it a Domain Controller and in turn installs Windows DNS and this is in conflict with the Plesk DNS (BIND). That's why you get the I/O overlapp error!

Do a CLEAN install of Windows without Active Directory or DNS

Then install Plesk

Hope this helps!
Ricardo...:cool:

Ugh! Yes, AD is installed as I set it up as an only server. That makes sense and it sucks!

Is there a list of what services to install and what services not to install?

I believ the rule of thumb is to install nothing on the server, not even IIS. Plesk seems to need a clean slate. The only exception is MS SQL Server, if you are planning on using SQL Server you must install it first as it is not possible to install it after Plesk installation (A new pet peeve.)

Are you sure about IIS? The first attempt to install Plesk, I was told to make sure FrontPage extensions were installed... so that was when I installed FP and then was told I needed (by FP install) to install AD. Then the install of Plesk was error free.

Here's the final answer:
The Plesk 6.5.2 installation requires Microsoft Windows 2000 Server with Service Pack 3 or above
or Microsoft Windows 2003 Server already installed on your system and configured with static
IP-address. IIS should be installed with WWW and FTP support. Plesk requires NTFS partition to be
installed.

NOTE:
In order for your Windows 2003 Server to support SSI, ASP and FrontPage you need to select
corresponding components during IIS installation.

NOTE:
If you are planning to enable FrontPage server extensions support in Plesk on Windows 2000
Server, you should install FrontPage 2002 server extension in the first place.

NOTE:
If you plan to use MS SQL RDBMS support in Plesk, MS SQL Server should be configured to use
standard or mixed security mode. If MS SQL Server is not installed, then you could select
Microsoft Database Engine to be installed with Plesk and configured with administrator name 'sa'
and password 'setup'.

IMPORTANT:
We strongly recommend that you install Plesk on a clean server; specifically, only
above-mentioned operating system components should be installed.

Thank you!

I put off printing the 160 page manual until I can get my double sided printer hooked back up. Now that it is Friday, I am going to put this off until next week. But at least we have found (hopefully) the problem.

Back