• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot send e-mail to Gmail

lexam

New Pleskian
Hello, I have Plesk 8.4.0 installed (and even installed the minor update that came out today). About a week now, all e-mail sent trough my VPS to gmail.com accounts is not delivered. I logged on to the VPS and saw (!!!) that nslookup -q=mx gmail.com says SERVFAIL. What seems (to me) to be happening is that my VPS cannot resolve gmail's servers at all...!

Can anyone help? It's very important as customers' e-mail messages are not delivered and are eventually bounced back.

Thanx

My guess is that you're using the default name servers at ThePlanet and your server is in their Houston1 DC. This is causing the name server resolution to fail for gmail, and probably many other recipients. Further, if you haven't had them check the PTR records for your IP address, you might want to do that, too, as it has caused numerous bounces from my own server since the servers responsible for reverse lookups had data corruption.

Back