1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot send e-mail to Gmail

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by lexam, Jun 4, 2008.

1. lexam

lexam New Pleskian

73%
    Hello, I have Plesk 8.4.0 installed (and even installed the minor update that came out today). About a week now, all e-mail sent trough my VPS to gmail.com accounts is not delivered. I logged on to the VPS and saw (!!!) that nslookup -q=mx gmail.com says SERVFAIL. What seems (to me) to be happening is that my VPS cannot resolve gmail's servers at all...!

Can anyone help? It's very important as customers' e-mail messages are not delivered and are eventually bounced back.

Thanx

2. shall

shall Regular Pleskian

57%
    My guess is that you're using the default name servers at ThePlanet and your server is in their Houston1 DC. This is causing the name server resolution to fail for gmail, and probably many other recipients. Further, if you haven't had them check the PTR records for your IP address, you might want to do that, too, as it has caused numerous bounces from my own server since the servers responsible for reverse lookups had data corruption.