• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

can't create any domains in latest plesk

T

thundercon787

Hello there, I just installed a fresh copy of fedora core 4 with all updates and then installed plesk 8.0 (fresh clean install) i did the updates and rebooted.. added ips to the pool then added clients....so far sucessful.. now i tried to create a domain in the client.. this is what i get...

ERROR: PleskFatalException Create shortcutCreate shortcutUp LevelUp Level

Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Failed mail post-configuration: Can't create mail domain servie: mailManager->addDomain() failed: mailmng failed: mailmng: Unable to remove domain from rcpthosts file System error 2: No such file or directory mailmng: Unable to remove domain from virtualdomains file System error 2: No such file or directory

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/create_domain.php:148

anyone have any suggestions on how i can create a domain within a clients area?

-mike

I have this same issue... has anyone figured what is causing this?

exact the same problem here.
Installed Plesk 8.0 on a plain SuSE 10.0 64-bit system, everything is fine, except this domain problem

fixed

check your plesk error logs to see whats the issue is...apparently more dpendencies for qmail need to be installed for this to work.. once qmail was reinstalled plesk was able ot create domains.. aleast on my end..

-mike

Where are these logfiles?
/usr/local/psa/var/log is empty...
The only "up to date" logfile i found is in
/var/log/mail.info

Code:
Apr 21 11:14:11 h873185 qmail-queue[18205]: mail: all addreses are uncheckable - need to skip scanning (by deny mode)
Apr 21 11:14:11 h873185 qmail-queue[18205]: scan: the message(drweb.tmp.YrEWMN) sent by [email][email protected][/email] to [email][email protected][/email] should be passed without checks, because contains uncheckable addresses
Apr 21 11:14:11 h873185 qmail-queue[18205]: files: write buf 0xffffadb0[659] to fd (5) error - (32) Broken pipe
Apr 21 11:14:11 h873185 qmail-queue[18205]: files: cannot write chuck from 4 to 5 - (32) Broken pipe
Apr 21 11:14:11 h873185 qmail-queue[18205]: files: cannot write file /var/drweb/spool/drweb.tmp.YrEWMN to 5
Apr 21 11:14:11 h873185 qmail-queue[18205]: mailsend: cannot write message from file to submitter /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue.origin
Apr 21 11:14:11 h873185 qmail-queue[18205]: starter: submitter[18206] with error code 62
Apr 21 11:14:11 h873185 qmail-queue[18205]: mailsend: wait for submitter failed
Apr 21 11:14:11 h873185 qmail-queue[18205]: cannot reinject message to mail system

This log was created right after i tried to add a domain to one of my customers:

Code:
ERROR: PleskFatalException 

Failed domain creation: Domaindaten konnten nicht aktualisiert werden: Failed mail post-configuration: Can't create mail domain servie: mailManager->addDomain() failed: mailmng failed: mailmng: Unable to remove domain from rcpthosts file System error 2: No such file or directory mailmng: Unable to remove domain from virtualdomains file System error 2: No such file or directory

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/create_domain.php:148

No idea if thats the problem, never had to do with such things.
Its a plain installation with the auto tool from swsoft.

Please help :confused:

Solved!

It works !! :D
I have to agree, something weird with the dependencies for qmail.
I removed all qmail rpms from my system and reinstalled them by hand, now i can register domains ^^

Thanks for that tip thundercon787

Good

Yeah I was gonna recommend looking at those log files.. sorry i didn't get back to you abit sooner.. But yeah i dunno the dependencies didn't install completely.. but I'm glad it works for you now..

-Mike

Same problem here....

did a force on the 3 rpm's

psa-courier-imap-add-8.0.0 centos4.2.build80060331.13.i586.rpm
psa-qmail-1.03-centos4.2.build80060331.13.i586.rpm
psa-qmail-rblsmtpd-0.70-centos4.2.build80060331.13.i586.rpm

after that it worked...

There some more weird problems, centos tar.gz download is corrupted? Autoinstaller does not download psa-php4-configruater... And fails as well

And some more, took me like 2 -3 ours to get it proberly working on a clean centos 4.2 box....

When does 8.01 comes ;)

what gets me

what gets me is.. how does items like this get overlooked? or how does Q&A Pass builds for release without properly testing.. but it happens.. does plesk work well on centos? i havn't played with centos but sincei use coldfusion.. the selinux gives me **** sometimes when re-installing coldfusion to a plesk server..

-Mike

:D

Now im in Dns isn't working, plesk with named isn't working right. My dns server isn't fuctioning with ns.* IP glue records.

:(

___
FC4 32 i586 Plesk 8.0, Did a whole Yum update, and the box is fresh.

i have the same problem ! :(
i saw that smtp does'nt start into plesk.

cam someone give me the way to reinstall it ? im not an expert into linux ;)

regards
fred

Make sure you have hostname and domainname set

Before reinstalling the 3 rpms mentioned above, you'll need to set your hostname to something like "mymachinename" and domainname to "mydomainname".

Then make sure mymachinename.mydomainname resolves in either /etc/hosts or DNS.

I have the same problem, I can't add domains and qmail seems to be ok, what else can I try, anyone has an ideea ???

I'm having the same issue - would love to "do a force" on my rpms too, but not sure how to do it... :(

Do I have to do it with Terminal? If so, do any of you have the time to list the basic steps on how to accomplish this?

I'm sure helping out would give you good web karma but beyond that I don't have much to offer you...

my case

I had the same problem. In my case I changed the IP of the server and it wasnt properly set in /etc/hosts.
I corrected it, restarted qmail and inet(debian) and it got solved.

Omar

Back