• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't delete Cert

D

Dawn

Hi,

I've installed a self signed certificate for plesk under "Server". I used this cert for a domain. But now I've deleted that domain. When I got to "Server"->"Certificates" I see that this cert is used for 1 domain. But I don't have any domain which is using this certificate. I veryfied that by viewing every domain setting-

So now I can't delete this cert. Does anybody know how that can be done? I don't like such zombies like that...

I'm using Plesk 8.1 together with Debian 3.1.

Greets and best regards,
Dawn

Go to Server > IP Address. Click on the "1" in the Clients column of the exclusive IP the certificate was assigned to.

Select the checkbox next to the Client's Name, then Remove Selected.

Now that you've removed the association, you should be able to delete the Certificate.

Hi phatpixel,

That worked great! Thanks a lot :)

I've got one question left: What's the main difference between the certificates I can use from "Server"->"Certificates" and "Domains"->[Domainname]->"Certificates"?

Where can I decide which certificate is used for mail and stuff like that?

Greets and best regards from Switzerland,
Dawn

There's no difference between the certificates in the client's repository, to those in the administrator's repository (as far as I'm aware) other than their scope.

A certificate in a client's repository can only be linked to domains in that client's account, whereas the administrator's certificates can be linked to any domain across multiple clients.

For example, an administrator may set up a shared SSL for *.domainname.com and place subdomain abc.domainname.com into a Client 1's domain list. This same certificate could also be linked to subdomain xyz.domainname.com for Client 2, and so on...

This is just theoretical -- I've never actually tried it.

Thanks for your answer :) But is it normal that I don't can see the default certificate in the client area? And don't see the client certificates in the admin area?

Yes, that is normal. The default certificate is the one used by a https:// connection when a SSL certficate has not been assigned.

Similarly, client certificates do not appear in the administrator area. I presume that this is because of their restricted scope, and the administrator can still access them within the client account anyway.

Back