• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

can't delete site

G

ghawley

i am trying to delete a site that didn't restore properly and now it won't let me. It's giving me the following error:

Unable to remove domains: Problemsoccured while removing domains: Unable to turn OFF: domainmng failed: Execute usermng access off failed: Unable to get the user (kaywolf) home: (2221) The user name could not be found.

Please help, the site is down!

You should use Plesk Reconfigurator -> repair plesk installation -> Plesk Virtual host security to create this user in system or you can manually create this user. Home directory for the user should point to %plesk_vhosts%\domain.com\httpdocs. But i recommend you use Plesk Reconfigurator.

About the same thing happened to me seems like when i try to remove the domain it failed now i cannot restore ANY of a single domain and trying to restore any give me a error. I mean by that i try to restore domain Y and get a error:

Database error: the domain X has hosting type vrt_hst but has no corresponding record in the table hosting.

Help! this is preventing me from restore ANY domain in my restore file

And i cannot delete the site X that is showing in plesk but not in IIS manager

When i try to delete the domain i get this

Unable to remove domains: Problems occured while removing domains: Unable to turn the domain OFF: domainmng failed: Can't query SELECT Login FROM sys_users WHERE id=: MySQL error 1064: You have a error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near " at line 1.

By reconfiguring the X virtual hosting i was able to fix the X domain, and restore all my domain from the backup except one Z domain, that give me the same error when starting the restore. This time that domain is not present in plesk neither in IIS. Something must be left about the Z domain in the database.

I think you can delete domain manually in these fields:

-IIS
-Mailenable
-mysql tables:
-hosting
-sys_users
-log component
-log actions
-DNS record
-lis params

With help from plesk i the last domain is back up. Now obviously this server is strugling with this new load. I have one domain using a dedicated pool application. and once in a while about every hours or two the memory used by the w3w.exe (domain) pool app, sky rocket to size well over 500 meg of memory, consequently using the swap file and causing the server to crawl to a halt. So i had to put that site offline. Don't know what could cause this. It was running fine on a other plesk server setup exactly like this one.

Eric

I swear this question has been asked a billion times on this forum, and we've yet to receive a valid answer on how to remove a domain that erros out when you try to remove it.

C'mon!

Yust a simple walktrough how to delete a domain manually would be perfect.

There must be someone at SW-Swoft who could offer this support ?

Does anyone have a solution? I have a domain I can't delete, and it's taking up a license spot. Why does Plesk have so many little issues??

I think that it is easier to create missed record or to change hosting type in domains table (htype column)

Here's what worked for me

First to fix the user issue:

edit /etc/passwd and look for the username in question - it should be given in the error.

If it does not exist, copy one of the lines in that file for another general user/vhost. It will look something like below, but replace username with the actual username and number with the last entry in the file's number + 1

username:x:number:10001::/var/www/vhosts/domain.com:/bin/bash

After doing that I still couldn't remove the domain because the mailname didn't exist. So I did:

mkdir /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com

You may also need to create /var/www/vhosts/domain.com ... I didn't have to because I copied over a backup of that directory.

Hope this helps.

Jordan

As this is a Plesk Windows forum, not a Linux forum, I don't see how that post will assist. Doesn't anyone have a solution to this problem? It's costing licenses on our server!

Oh yeah

I thought I had limited my search for this problem to linux, hadn't even noticed!

Sorry... although the one time I had a problem with this on my windows box it was because I had a window open for the directory it was trying to remove.

Jordan

Back