• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

can't enable dedicated IIS Application Pool for specific web site

igoldman

Regular Pleskian
Hello to all member in this forum.

I have a specific web site which I would like it be use dedicated IIS Application Pool

I try to enable it through Plesk CP but after clicking on Enable button which located under IIS Application Pool screen then nothing is happen and the status it still disable.
also I have checked the box (to be enable) under setup which define that this web site can use dedicated IIS application pool.

what to do ?

It seems you should try to perform this actions in another order. First of all you need mark checkbox in domain hosting setup. Then you can take a look at IIS Application Pool in domain menu indicates that it's turned on.
Also you can verify if dedicated pool set properly via IIS mmc.
Possibly domain in IIS need to be reconfigured with websrvmng in some case.

Hello ,
I did exactly as you wrote me.
first I have enable under setup
and after that I have tried to enable it under IIS application pool but nothing is happen and the status is still disable.

so you wrote me to try running the command : websrvmng

may you please write me the full command with the arguments which I need to use

for example the domain name is : goldman.com

The commands that you should use are:
cd %plesk_bin%
websrvmng --remove-vhost --vhost-name=<domain-name>
websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=<domain-name>

This will recreate the domain on IIS.

Hope this will help you. %)

Hello ,
I found that the domain name goldman.com has subdomain which the domain user has deleted some folders like : httpdocs , httpsdocs ,cgi-bin ....

so when I run :

cd %plesk_bin%
websrvmng --remove-vhost --vhost-name=goldman.com
websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=goldman.com

I got error , so to resolve the rebulding in IIS , I have manually recreated the missed folders under subdomain folder.

maybe it's a bug ?
why domain user have the ability to deleted the automated folders ?
how to resolve such issue in the future ? I don't want that my clients will have the ability to delete the automated folders which Plesk CP create.

thanks to all members in this forum.

I must say that can't be bug. In fact i'm not sure if you can restrict users from deleting their files and folders via ftp as that is their files and folders.

but I am talking about the automated folders which Plesk CP create when a client create a new domain account.
for example : httpdocs , httpsdocs and etc.

so , I don't talking about what is inside those folders , just about the folders.

what is inside those folders , it's the DATA of customer and he/she can do what ever they want.

the possible solution is to recreate the hosting for the domain from the control panel and make sure the dedicated application pool option is set while you recreate it ....

Hello Swarm

Please I am a lot needing his help.

My mistake is "similar" to this, the one that I don't get is to create the domain in IIS and in the application pool, remaining DNS, MAIL ENABLE... everything is created correctly, however in IIS he is not creating, in Event Viewer appears with the following message:

Error in the DLL (WITH Error 800401F9) attn addAppPool(adriano.com(domain)(pool), IWPD_152(lara))
attn (WebServerAdapter::addAppPool line 3238)
attn addAppPool(adriano.com(domain)(pool), IWPD_152(lara)) (WebServerAdapter::addAppPool line 3252)
attn addHosting(adriano.com)(WebServerManager::addHosting line 1913)
attn it executes console command--reconfigure-vhost(vconsoleapp::start line 128)
attn it executes websrvmng--reconfigure-vhost--vhost-name=adriano.com(vconsoleapp::run line 138)
Execute cribs name: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin

This domain doesn't exist in more IIS him already this servant in the control panel.

Could great Swarm find out the one please what can do to try this to solve?

Best, Best Regards,

Sysber

I need help please. Please help me because I am facing following problem:

Error in the DLL (COM Error 800401F9) at addAppPool(abcd.com(domain)pool), IWPD_595(ABCD))

I used this command:
websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=abcd.com

Back