• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't install BU?

mparadis

Regular Pleskian
Every time I try to install the BU's, the system tells me that it needs the 7.5 dependencies and fails, yet, 7.5 is *already* installed on the server.

Mike

Which dependencies? Just psa?

rpm -q psa

If it shows that psa is not installed, then head over to your PSA 7.5.0 base RPM's directory and run

rpm -Uvh --justdb *.rpm

Originally posted by DeadEye686
Which dependencies? Just psa?

rpm -q psa

If it shows that psa is not installed, then head over to your PSA 7.5.0 base RPM's directory and run

rpm -Uvh --justdb *.rpm

I finally got everything installed, now have new problems, can't restore, seems to go nowhere and can't get my new key from plesk since my old server already has the current 7.5 key. I hoped this would be a simple move from one server to another for once... nope.

Mike

I have an even better surprise. I just had to try and run psarestore from the shell to restore a domain backup. It says backups from 7.1.4 cannot be restored to 7.5.0. ****! What to do what to do.

Code:
===============================================================================

Attempt to connect to MySQL server ... done

Checking packages installation ... done

ERROR: can't restore dump for PSA '7.1.4' on PSA '7.5.0'

Yeah that's likely to stay that way. I'd suggest either restoring on a 7.1.x box or sending someone knowledgeable with Plesk the file to convert it to 7.5.x format.

Originally posted by mparadis
I finally got everything installed, now have new problems, can't restore, seems to go nowhere and can't get my new key from plesk since my old server already has the current 7.5 key. I hoped this would be a simple move from one server to another for once... nope.

Mike

That should not be a big problem... just use the updater tool in your current machine, update yourself to 7.5 then run another backup and use that on your new server. Or, as the other user says, just downgrade to the matching version then restore.

That's what I did and it works fine, just waiting for Monday now since they don't seem to check support mail during the weekend... <sigh>

It's just plain bad software development. There is no reason they couldn't make psarestore able to be backward compatable.

Hi,

I had same problems with the "Please wait loading" things... I rebooted the server, and all seems to work now.

Regards

Ben

Back