• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't Install

G

gianfranco

I tried to upgrade from 7.03 and my windows 2003 return a system crash error.

I tried to install from new and I recive error
Script failed 0x80131500
Reason: Unknow file format
The install has aborted
AftterU: USER_upd_job() - User function starting...
AfterL: CustomActionData => ...|"Source: psa.scheduler.device

Now I can't install 7.03 because it find an installation of mySQL that I can't remove

WHAT I CAN DO NOW :( :mad: :( :confused:

A bit late now I know, but DON'T UPGRADE PLESK!!!! It doesn't work. :rolleyes:

Install Failure

I also experienced a complete blow up on the upgrade attempt to Plesk 7.5. My specifc error occured during the beggining of the installation during the back up of the dbase. It required a complete reinstallation of the previous key and reboot of the machine. Anyone have any luck with the installer?

I started the upgrade for it to fail right after the backup. Gave me a an error then back tracked. After which nothing worked. Had to open a ticket with SW-Soft and they are still fixing it now.

Total mess!

You would have thought that after 3 betas they would have produced an upgrade process that works. But I don't think SW-Soft have learnt a thing from all their previous buggy releases. It also looks like I haven't leant anything either, and should wait for 7.5.1 or later.

failure ticket

I too submitted a trouble ticket. I tried to do the upgrade on a test box I have here and it blew up as well. The fresh install worked fine its without a doubt the upgrade/migration process. You might be right to wait for 7.5.3 or so.

Mine got all the way to the end and died when it was time to update the PSA database, then it aborted and everything it broke.

Support is a joke, cant email them because it wants you to use the ticket request system which want your key which can be found in your control panel. Well I have no control panel.

Hard to believe this was tested.

Hope the full system backup I made fixes it, restoring now so I guess I will know in about 10 minutes. Not exactly what I had in mind for 2am Saturday morning : )

John

stupid me

stupid me tried again.... Full system restore going on as we speak.

Hope you have better luck than me, I have two control panel services, two psa sql server services, what a mess.

I found my original email with my key in it but the STUPID ticket site says the key is invalid so I still cant open a ticket.

I guess it would be too much to ask if anyone from swsoft reads this blasted forum.

John

Troubleshooting problems with migration from 6.5.x and 7.0.x to 7.5.0.

Hey, probably it can help you.

1) If the upgrade fails on backup stage, restart the upgrade with:
msiexec /i plesk_7.5.0_build050217.19.msi /l*v c:\plesk_7.5.0_build050217.19.log
Then try to determine the problem source in c:\plesk_7.5.0_build050217.19.log file and correct it.
2) If the upgrade went past backup stage and failed on deleting previous version stage then:
1) Exit the installer.
2) Reboot the server.
3) Uninstall previous version of plesk manually, erasing program folders and registry entries.
4) Reboot the server.
5) Rerun the upgrade with:
msiexec /i plesk_7.5.0_build050217.19.msi /l*v c:\plesk_7.5.0_build050217.19.log PLESKUPDATE="update"

cant install

Thank you for your detailed reply to resolve this issue. I may try that on my test box this afternoon and see how it goes. I still am unclear why this was released with such a flawed installer.

Another unsuccesful relase from plesk.
How dare! to make fun with their customers.
How can they release this full of buggy version?
Lots of plesk panel user lost their times and also lost their uptime. We dont want to be mistreated customer.If you dont have any idea about upgrade,. Please dont relase it.

How Do I?????????

LOAD PLESK 7.5. onto my system, as the installer doesn't f****** work, and its taken down 200 of our clients sites

Based on the fact there's already loads of other users in what looks to be some serious problems, like myself, I would recommend you don't deploy on production systems.

I am currently having to recover the whole of my 7.0.3 installation from a Windows backup, as yes you've guessed it the Plesk restore also has failed me.

Can't say I'm to positive about SW-Soft at the moment.

another very unhappy customer of plesk. Tried to upgrade to 7.5 and take advantage of their new features but at what price. If I get SWsoft to take a look at our server and fix their software it's going to cost. The price of using defective or buggy software. Better luck next time with another control panel. I contacted our data center to see if they could resolved the issue but they are not sure they can even address it since they can't even figure out what happen or what to do.

I almost had the techs at the DC do it for me. Good thing I read this topic because now I don't want it upgraded.

~Garrett

Re: cant install

Originally posted by tmaxcon
Thank you for your detailed reply to resolve this issue. I may try that on my test box this afternoon and see how it goes. I still am unclear why this was released with such a flawed installer.

I spoke with a SWsoft's support engineer and found out that this migrator
wasn't fully functional by the moment of the 7.5 release and was supposed to be included to the first service pack only. But this wasn't in documentation for some reason!
Usually I'm pretty satisfied with SWsoft products, but anyway I always test all their upgrades on my test server
And if there are any problems I just call them.
The best way performing 7.0 - 7.5 migration for me was using backup utilities. I made a backup on my production server, then
made a fresh 7.5 install and restored backup from 7.0 and then changed IP. This worked out perfectly.
Btw, those who try to restore plesk 7.0 and get error that key is not valid anymore, take my congratulations, you now have key for 7.5 and, since SWsoft doesn't downgrade keys, if you don't have your old key for 7.0 on file you will have to write them to receive temporary key (10-14 days) and try to migrate to 7.5.

**** REMOVED ***

**new**
I have installed 7.5 for testing, whit merak mailserver.
And I had 5 error, cool.
But it looks very nice the new 7.5

** NEW
Well the new 7.5 is working alot better the the "old" 7.0.3.
There is still problems but not like the 7.0.X
Nice new things

And as usually, not a post from Plesk in response to this thread, not even an apology! How can they still sell licenses with all these problems?

This aside...

Vekna: The best way performing 7.0 - 7.5 migration for me was using backup utilities. I made a backup on my production server, then
made a fresh 7.5 install and restored backup from 7.0 and then changed IP. This worked out perfectly

What if we do not have any other server available? You need 2 different servers to do what you describe...

Originally posted by GMSoftware
What if we do not have any other server available? You need 2 different servers to do what you describe...

If do not have 2 server DONT get 7.5.
It is the only way to do it.

Win 2003 Server NOT ENGLISH

I tried the installation on a new server with a fresh installation of Win2003 server (Italian) and I have the same problem I had with the upgrade (read the first post)

I tried in an english installation and all is ok :mad:

So, 7.5 work only on an english version of win2003 server

Re: Win 2003 Server NOT ENGLISH

Originally posted by gianfranco
I tried the installation on a new server with a fresh installation of Win2003 server (Italian) and I have the same problem I had with the upgrade (read the first post)

I tried in an english installation and all is ok :mad:

So, 7.5 work only on an english version of win2003 server

Well if your from scandivavian you can forget all about backup.
Becore the backuptool do not support our letters æ ø å !!
How cool is that.
Plesk has made a backuptool for plesk 7.0.3, but now we have the same problems after the update to 7.5.

Back