• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cant reach login page

Y

yoghurt

Hi,

after installing Plesk 8.1 on my new windows 2003 server, the login page does not load till the end. I see the page, but the "Loading..." Screen does not disappear, and the ie shows a script-error in "login_up.php3", line 24, char 2. I got the same problem with plesk 7.6

thx, felix

can't be, because i can reach it, when i use the intern apache server and not the iis. and i can't reach the page from a remote browser too... so ist must be an iis issue...

using apache i can reach the page from both, local and remote... however, the wohle software doens't work any more... :( i uninstalled plesk, and now i even can't install it correctly... i get many errors at the end of the installation, telling me, that some programs (i dont remember their names now), exited with error code 128 or something like this... i don't know what to do... :confused:

i'm going to do that at the moment... thanks for the links... one more question: can i also use asp .net if i use apache server instead of the iis?

so if i want to use asp .net applications i need to use the iis web server... but then i can't login because of the script error...

now i installed everything again, installation completed and i am at the beginning... same page error as mentioned above...

seems there are some issues with server configuration.
could please address swsoft support or give here more information about non-typical evironment settings?

i tried to contact support per ticket-system, but i would have to pay because my free support period has expired and i dont want to pay much money just because of this problem...

i also tried to contact server support to get some information about the windows installation. well, ist's an vserver from server4you, windows 2003 professionel english, german language pack, net framework 1.0... the iis service is installed by default...

i thought it could be a problem of iis running in 64bit mode... so i changed to 32 bit mode, but it take no effect... i'm going to try to reach the server support once more, maybe they know something...

in former times i used plesk 7.6, there was the same problem... by telling the support through support ticket the problem, they solved it... but i dont know how...

i'm going crazy with that... :p

Originally posted by yoghurt
i thought it could be a problem of iis running in 64bit mode... so i changed to 32 bit mode, but it take no effect.
plesk requires 32bite mode. how did you switch iis app pool mode?
did you update asp.net extansions after switching?
could you please say what did you do step-by-step?

i only tried "cscript C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs SET W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 1"

then i restarted iis... but there was no effect... my server faq also says that it isn't possible to run php and asp .net 2 at the same time... is that true?

So, i called my server support, but they could not help me... They told me that they never had this error... I only found out, that the server runs IIS in 64bit mode by default, so i changed it to 32bit mode... But nothing happened... Could it be, that i have to change that before i install plesk?

please open IIS Manager > Web Sites > Properties > Home Directory > Configuration and check what extensions are registered to handle asp.net

I got it work... it had nothing to do with asp .net, it was an javascript error... the server configuration wasn't right for that... thx

Back