• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't start PSA - Table psa.misc doesn't exist

J

johnnyc

Hi,

I'm a Plesk newbie who's been administering Linux boxes for quite a few years now but having major headaches after a botched Plesk migration. I'm hoping someone here can help me.

Using migration manager, all clients and domains where moved to a live centos 4.4 server running Plesk 8.1 to a new RHEL4 server running Plesk 8.1. Migration completed with inconsequential errors. ("Spamfilter does not supported by license key"). So migration seemed to go well.

However none of the sites were working correctly and I correctly identified the issue as a problem with php versions. The source server was installed and configured with php5 while the destination server was using the Plesk default of PHP4. I checked the packages on the source server, and noticed the following php package:

php-5.0.4-13.rhel4.art

Along with a few others with the package suffix '.art'. After checking what this could be, I discovered these packages were part of the 'atomic' repositories and began to set up my /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources to download the required packages and unfortunately ran 'yum upgrade' to get the packages to install. The problem was the source site was still running mysql4 so now none of the sites using mysql were working because they were using mysql4 and the destination server was now using mysql5.

I rolled back to mysql4, however when I restarted Plesk I got the following error:

"DB error (mysql41 compatible query) 1146: Table 'psa.misc' doesn't exist
System error 11: Resource temporarily unavailable
Unable to connect to mysql database

System error 25: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Starting psa-spamassassin service: [FAILED]
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'psa.DomainServices' doesn't exist
websrvmng: DB error (mysql41 compatible query) 1146: Table 'psa.misc' doesn't exist
websrvmng: DB error (mysql41 compatible query) 1146: Table 'psa.misc' doesn't exist
websrvmng: Unable to connect to the mysql database

websrvmng: Unable to connect to the mysql database

ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'psa.sessions' doesn't exist
DB error (mysql41 compatible query) 1146: Table 'psa.misc' doesn't exist
DB error (mysql41 compatible query) 1146: Table 'psa.misc' doesn't exist
Database connection failed, keys will not be updated
Processing config directory: /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.*.include
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpsdctl start: httpd started
Starting Plesk: [ OK ]"

However Plesk does not start OK. I can start apache and mysql as standalone but cannot start Plesk. I'm thinking I may need to have that table created, but what I don't understand is the table doesn't seem to have existed in the source db so I don't know why this is happening now, especially after I rolled back to mysql4.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Same problem here, did you fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Regards Tom

Does anyone has a solution regarding this problem?

I appreciate if someone can give a helping hand.

Thanks in advance,

--

Back