1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

CBM Store Allowing Domain Name Purchase without Payment?

Discussion in 'Customer&Business Manager (formerly Plesk Billing)' started by Mr Fett, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Mr Fett

Mr Fett Basic Pleskian

35%
    Hi all,

I am new to Plesk/CBM but have had a crash course and am now running Plesk 11 on Server 2008 R2 and it works great!

Unfortunately I'm having problems getting domain name registrations in the store working properly. I have my PayPal account linked (and 'live'), my registrar account linked (and 'live') and everything works well but when customers get to the 'payment' stage, they are immediately presented with a message saying "Your order has been successfully placed" despite no payment being given (and payment methods are disabled except for PayPal).

There is a PayPal icon below and if you click it, it doesn't indeed take you to the PayPal Payment login but customer won't know that (it looks more like a PayPal 'stamp' or 'seal').

I have attached a screenshot of what I see - what worry's me is that there are two bad scenarios:

- The Domain Name is being registered before the customer pays and I could be left having paid for a domain no one wants

- The domain name is not being registered before the customer pays but the customer won't know they need to click the little PayPal seal to pay, so it never gets done.

Any idea any one?

Bob

Attached Files:

2. DmitryK.

DmitryK. Regular Pleskian

30%
    Hello,
    Domain Name should not be registered until invoice is not paid by default configuration of CBM. You could check Provisioning Policy http://yourhostname.com:8443/plesk-.../default?ctr=configs&act=260&configGroupID=55
    1) You could change "Your order has been successfully placed" local key value related to the "TRANS_YOUR_ORDER_HAS_BEEN_PROCESSED" locale key in (C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib\lib-billing\include\translations\en.php or /opt/plesk-billing/lib/lib-billing/include/translations/en.php). Don't forget to make backup of en.php because after upgrade it should be replaced by default en.php file.
    2) You could customize your store http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=114590

Best regards,
    Dmitry

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  3. Mr Fett

Mr Fett Basic Pleskian

35%
    Thanks!

Hey DmitryK,

Great - I'll have a look at those links. I checked the provisioning and it is set to register domain after the invoice is paid. When I checked, Plesk hadn't registered the domain name - it looked as though it had because it said "Your Order Has Been Placed" so I think I'll take your advice and change that to "Your Order has been processed" and add something above the Paypal button saying "To Complete Your Order, Click PayPal to make Payment" - I'm surprised that the integration with PayPal isn't a litter better and more obvious.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for all your help - you've replied to every single one of my posts on the forum with helpful and useful information (even though I'm a newbie and some of my questions are foolish), it's really much appreciated. If you IM me your PayPal address I'll send you a couple of beers or alternatively make a donation on your behalf as a thank you.

My company is really testing the water with Plesk with a view to seeing if we can deploy it as a hosting solution for a new hosting business we're launching - hence my 'nit picking' and attention to detail!

Kind Regards

Bob

4. DmitryK.

DmitryK. Regular Pleskian

30%
    Thank you for your appreciation, I'm ready to help anytime and completely free.