1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

CDNS does not use common ACL

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.2 Troubleshooting Issues' started by joergy2, Oct 8, 2007.

1. joergy2

joergy2 Guest

Hi,
    my configuration:
    1 Plesk Server (Plesk 8.2.0)
    1 centralized Mail server (Plesk 8.2.0)
    1 centralized DNS (actual dnscontroller)
    1 slave DNS (actual dnscontroller)
    and a Plesk Expand Server administering the above.

my Problem:
    the centralized DNS only sets the configured slave DNS for allow-transfer and completely ignores the ACL, I set up on the Plesk Server. But I do have other, non dnscontrolled secondary DNS, to be integrated. How?

any hints apreciated, thanx
    Joerg Friedrich

2. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    Unfortunately Plesk Expand does not apply ACL restrictions to Central DNS servers. We will add this feature in next version by your request.

3. joergy2

joergy2 Guest

Thanx 2 Admin!

But how do others solve this Problem?

If one has a slave DNS configured, this is the only DNS set for allow-transfer{} and it must be under control of Expand to be a slave.
    But a typical situation is, that you have delegating DNS and slaves which aren't under control of Expand and they are not allowed to do a zone transfer??????

Regards
    Joerg