• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CentOS4, PHP5 and php-sqlite2

G

Gorgon@

Hi folks,

I'm trying to do a fresh install of v8.1 on CentOS4. The customer wants PHP5. I would rather have only PHP5 on the box rather than both.

After the initial build of the server, I used the centosplus routines to upgrade to php5. This all works fine and dandy.

When I try to install Plesk, I get this:

Resolve components
ERROR: Can't install product package sb-publish
Errors just before:
- Can't find solution for dependency 'any-php-sqlite2'

Plesk insists it needs the php-sqlite rpm. I have been unable to find a PHP5 version of this package. I'm starting to guess that the centos packages already include php-sqlite support.

Can anyone tell me either where to find a php-sqlite package for centos PHP5 (v5.1.6) or how to get Plesk to install without it?

Any input is appreciated,
mikeS

I looked in the 3rd party rpms and it does have the php51 packages. These seem to be for sitebuilder.

I have php5 installed from centosplus, but the plesk installer keeps insisting on installing the php4 packages as well. I have searched the forums here and elsewhere for several days and I'm still stuck.

Many people say that plesk will use whatever php is installed on the server. But that does not seem to be the case. As mentioned, the installer always wants to install php4 even though I already have php5 installed.

Is there any way to get plesk to install cleanly on centos using the centosplus php5 packages? Do I have to do a manual install of all the rpms? I'm loathe to start doing that b/ I'm afraid I'll run into a dependency and I'll be right back where I started.

If I have to have php4 and php5 installed, could I just adjust the apache conf files to use php5 as the default?

thanks,
mikeS

HEllo,

You have several options:

Manaual install - I always do this because the autoinstaller installs a bunch of packages that are not needed in most cases (gameservers, sitebuilder, cold fusion support, tomcat )
There is no such dependency that a good yum.conf would not get for you.

There is a second option use the atomicrocetturtle yum repository.Many peaple use it and with succees
(I never did though)

And the most important thing is that you can find solutions for any of your problems here in the forum, the knowledgebase and google .

I think I figured this out.

I installed mysql5 and php5 from centosplus. When I ran the plesk installer, it was having issues with php-sqlite2 as there doesn't seem to be a php5 version of this package.

My solution was to tell the installer to not install the sitebuilder hooks (option 28 and 29). I then proceeded and the install worked.

To test I setup a dummy domain and checked out the PHP and settings and it comes up good:

PHP_VERSION 5.1.6

So I think the key was to tell the installer to ignore the sitebuilder stuff. It probably would have worked if I choose to install the sitebuilder package, but I did not need that here.

thanks,
M

Back