1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Central Mail Server

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.0 and Legacy General Discussion' started by poke, Jul 12, 2005.

1. poke

poke Guest

Anyone using the central mail server function yet? If so, what OS and how did the migration go from the psa servers??! :) Also, are you using plesk's spam assassin and dr web or a different solution?

Thanks a Bunch,
    poke

2. poke

poke Guest

anyone?

3. Nono Martínez

Nono Martínez Guest

4. back

back Guest

We're using it with Linux Fedora Core 2 and spamassassin. You need to add it into expand as a normal server and a central mail server before the migration works properly. After that it works fine, and you can migrate back to the Plesk server just as easily.

It puts a "Remote Mail" icon on the domain management page of plesk which looks pretty cheesy. It loads the normal mail control panel from the mail server so it's almost seamless.

There's a problem with the URL that's built for the Remote Mail icon though. On our server, it's almost 5000 characters long. Internet Explorer has a limit of around 2000 characters for a URL. Apparently this will be fixed Real Soon Now".

Licencing is a bit of a rip and the sales staff didn't have a clue about it, took three goes to get the proper licence set.

You have to buy a Plesk "CMail" licence, basically a cut-down Plesk licence, an Expand Licence, and a Spamassasin module licence. I argued that the Spamassasin licence should be read from the main Plesk server but they didn't listen. They shot themselves in the foot anyway, if you use a cmail server, you only have to buy one spamassasin licence, don't buy them for your Plesk server because you don't need them.

5. poke

poke Guest

hey back,
    Thanks for taking the time to write that out. I had to email swsoft 3 times before they got my key right too :D I've been waiting for some feedback on this product and will probably still wait a few weeks before I go through with it.

Are you using any anti-virus solution?

Regards,
    poke

6. EnterpriseIT

EnterpriseIT Guest

I use rhel 3 for linux hosting

rh 9 with dnscontroller on dns1 and dns2

rhel3 for expand

rhel3 with plesk 7.5.4 for cmail which I've purchased the cmail license and the drweb license

the cmail license comes with spamassassin.

I use windows 2003 server standard with plesk windows 7.5.4 for windows hosting.

hope this helps.