1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Centralized Mail is useless?

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.3 Troubleshooting Issues' started by Tomer Leibovich, May 15, 2009.

1. Tomer Leibovich

Tomer Leibovich Guest

My centralized Mail server is Linux, when I've tried to migrate domain from Windows server to another Windows server, I've received the following error:
    Migration of mail from Windows to Unix servers is not supported. Mail will not be migrated.

Does it mean that I must use a windows based centralized Mail for the Windows Plesk and Linux Centralized Mail server for Linux Plesk? No where in the Plesk Expand installation guide is mentioned that I must install 2 Centralized Mail servers one for each OS.

Is it really that mandatory?

2. ideasmultiples

ideasmultiples Basic Pleskian

73%
    Migretion is not supported from windows to linux, only new accounts.

3. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    We use the Plesk migration manager to migrate mail. The Plesk migration manager is support the following directions of migration: Unix -> Unix, Unix -> Windows, Windows -> Windows. If you use the Plesk for Windows as central mail server then you can migrate mail from any source.