• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

change default html in plesk

T

thundercon787

I got a plesk box running 7.5.4 and have it on a dedicated ip... well i setup an website on the box's ip and when i try to view it. via the ip.. it has the plesk default page on there...

i did a locate to try to find it.. but couldn't find anything remotely specific for this..

any help is highly appreciated

thanx

-mike

In Plesk, go into the server section, click on the skeleton Icon, click on httpdocs and you will see a file called index.html. I believe you can replace that with your own.

default as in server

I meant default as in server.. meaning the plesk box for some reason didn't update the dns correctly to use that ips webaddress for hosting.. so its still stuck on the plesk default and not the normal domain name holder.....

thanx though...

Originally posted by mlovick
ok - i believe that is in:

/var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs

In line with this discussion when I started setting up my server the first domain I added was my least important domain. Now when I use the IP address it comes up as the default. How do I now change that to the main domain I want associated with this server?

Got it to work

Apparently something was wrong during my innitial setup and that caused it.. what i did was delete out the domain from the customer account.. and dis-associated the main ip with the users account.... did a reboot of the server and proceeded to resetup the same domain name...

I first associated the box ip with the customers account ip pool... then i setup the domain underneath the customer... after waiting a few minutes for the plesk dns to kick in.. whenever i surfed the main ip of the box it came up with the domains placeholder... it now works fine.. but plesk needs to change the dns refresh rate on their box for one thing.. nd i do not know what innitially caused the problem in the first place... who knows sincei t was a new box and havn't had time to go through everything it needed or what not. eh it happens...

-Mike

Found the answer

Found this in another thread about the same subject.

"you can change/select the default domain by going to server - IP addresses and in that list click on hosting ... select the domain and click on 'set as default'"

Back