• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change FTP Server

F

futec

Hi there,

I am running Plesk 7.5.4 on a Windows 2003 Server. I have the same problem which lots of people have:

[R] 530 User xxxx cannot log in, home directory inaccessible.

I choosed for MS FTP but I want to switch to Serv-U now because this problem occurs even on the most clean *just installed* servers...

Does anyone know how I can change to Serv-U ?

I tried reinstalling Plesk but I do not get the question again which ftp server I would like to use...

Regards,

FuTec

You should check that systen user has correctly configured home folder

Install Serv-U go to the PleskCp->Server->Component Management->Ftp server->select Serv-U click OK

P.S.
Problem you'd described occurs when one change ftp home manually in IIS mmc

John S.G.

I didnt change the home manually it happened on a clean installed server...

I installed Serv-U FTP now but I am not able to change it on the location which you said... I tried restarting Plesk before I wanted to edit this setting.
The FTP server is now set to:

FTP Server Microsoft FTP Server 6.0

And I cannot click the word FTP Server

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the tip...

I tried the permission check:
Code:
Plesk Reconfigurator has finished checking the virtual hosts directory security.
This report uses some security terms, whose definitions can be found in the Windows help.
Below is the list of domains which were checked along with encountered problems (if any):

Started: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 4:04:12 PM

Checking erofocus.nl...
  Warning: D:\Websites\erofocus.nl\httpdocs: An ACE for user W3MEDIA\IWAM_plesk(default) for files only with access mask 120089 needed by Plesk cannot be found in the existing DACL..
  Warning: D:\Websites\erofocus.nl\httpdocs: An ACE for user W3MEDIA\IUSR_erofocus for files only with access mask 120089 needed by Plesk cannot be found in the existing DACL..
  Warning: D:\Websites\erofocus.nl\httpdocs: An ACE for user W3MEDIA\FPSE_31130 for files only with access mask 120089 needed by Plesk cannot be found in the existing DACL..
Plesk Reconfigurator has found and fixed permissions problems on erofocus.nl.
Total checked: 1.
Without security problems: 0.
With security problems: 1.

Ended: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 4:04:19 PM

Then I tried the reconfig thing per domain and for all hosts (there is only one host on the server yet)

I still have the same problem and I still cannot switch to another FTP Server like Serv-U
Code:
[R] Connecting to 85.12.18.130 -> IP=85.12.18.130 PORT=21
[R] Connected to 85.12.18.130
[R] 220 Microsoft FTP Service
[R] USER xxxx
[R] 331 Password required for erofocus.
[R] PASS (hidden)
[R] 530 User erofocus cannot log in, home directory inaccessible.
[R] Connection failed
[R] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1
[/code

Back