• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Change into user psaadm

M

MaRiOs

If i login as root in the server
how do I change to user "psaadm" ???

The user psaadm is normally created with no login privs.

Why would you want to try to login as psaadm??

cause we have a great problem between plesk and moderbill and the creation of the accounts on UTF8 encoding..

and both sides work on it and in the end say "its moderbills issue or its plesks issue"

You still shouldn't have to login as psaadm to resolve the problem.

You will have to change the user account info for psaadm to allow the user /bin/bash login, and I believe that user also is flagged for 'login disabled' under linux as well.

Look at the 'info useradd' for more details on how to change the login privs. The useradd command will either create new users, or update existing user information.

Caution is advised. Full backup before changing psaadm account is advised.

i dont want to change the bin/false..
what i wanted is to change the users's variable options (language etc)
so I can put el_GR-UTF8

Ah, I forgot to interpret your original post, I forgot you're from Greece. I have to do that a lot when I'm talking to Momma Brasinikas...(my adoptive momma)

how do I change to user "psaadm" - I thought you meant "how to login as"

Have you tried changing the default charset in the httpd.conf? Or is the the user's language preference in the control panel you are trying to change???

is this what you are looking for?
/etc/sysconfig/i18n

I can't think of anywhere else on the system level that lang is set.

it's allready set there...
I've email the support of plesk again,so lets see what they'll say

That's probably what he is looking for, I assumed he already set his OS for it and that he was looking to change Apache and/or specific user settings (which I don't think there are user settings for default language/encoding)...

creation of the accounts on UTF8 encoding
Re-reading his posts I noticed this.

Marios - so is the problem that when a new account is created in Modernbill, that it is being given UTF8 but should be something else? Or am I still not understanding the problem (your posts have been vague).

Read this and you will understand :
(from Moderbill support)

I've tried everything I can think of. The cURL post that is coming from ModernBill is being sent as UTF-8, the CGI class used by the Plesk wrapper is declared as UTF-8, and if I print the shell command to screen, it has UTF-8 characters. As far as I can see the problem is with Perl sending the command to get executed. If you have a Perl programmer on hand, you can look further into the plesk_wrapper.cgi file to see if it's possible. At this point, I don't see that it is possible. Plesk Expand works because it does not rely on the command-line creation utilities. It is an XML based API and I have tested it (with Greek characters incidentally) and know it works. You might want to contact Plesk again, but I doubt that they will do any more development on the wrapper file, though it was originally theirs. I'm sorry I can't give better news on this. I really wanted this to work with 7.5, but that does not appear possible.

Back