1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Change password

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Lindsay@, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Lindsay@

Lindsay@ Guest

where do you change pasword for the mail accounts as in horde the users could change their passwords.
    And i cant see any place you can change the password i control panel for PLESK

2. Brujo

Brujo Regular Pleskian

57%
    in the control panel > domain > Email Accounts > select Account > Settings > change Password

Brujo

3. Lindsay@

Lindsay@ Guest

yes i found it now, but how can users change their passwords as i dont want to know the password for e.-mails?
    In horde they could change their password themself

4. steogede

steogede Guest

I haven't used 9.0 yet but in 8.x you can give mail users access to Plesk. It allows them to change their password, train spam assassin, set auto responders etc.. Obviously it locks them into settings for their own mail account so that they can't touch anything else, you just need to tick the box 'Allow Control Panel Access' and tell them where to go to access plesk and they can login with their email address and email password.

5. gorilych

gorilych Guest

windows plesk has poppassd service configured, so mail users can change passwords from horde directly. unfortunately there is no such feature in plesk for unix.

6. Brujo

Brujo Regular Pleskian

57%
    hmmm i have this also on my Unix Plesk, see hardcopy

Attached Files:

7. gorilych

gorilych Guest

may be i am wrong.. will check it on my server, thanks for the note.

update: indeed it is so...