1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Changing server IPs

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by hakkrdan, Jul 13, 2005.

1. hakkrdan

hakkrdan Guest

Hello, all -

I'm going to be moving my Plesk setup to another location here soon. With that, I'll be having to change IPs on the server.

I know how to move a server, I've had lots of experience doing it. However, I don't have any experience donig this with Plesk.

How should I go about re-configuring Plesk to accomodate for the new IPs, incluiding updating DNS information in Plesk, as well as the IPs that Web Sites are assigned to?

Thanks for the time
    -dant

2. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
  3. hakkrdan

hakkrdan Guest

Hello -

This sounds like a good idea, but as one of the commentators had replied on the other board, this script only reconfigures IPs on the base interface, and no aliased or virtual interfaces.

Perhaps I can modify it. I'll take a look.

Thanks!
    -dant

4. hakkrdan

hakkrdan Guest

Anyone have any suggestions for this?

Thanks!
    -dant

5. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

7.5.3 now has /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng which has add/delete IP from webserver, haven'tr tried it, but I would imagine it would also have the same limitations as the old reconfigurator script (regarding alias and virtual interfaces)

I imagine that Plesk *assumes* that you have a single NIC in the server for the outside world. Sad.