1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Changing server IPs

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by hakkrdan, Jul 13, 2005.

1. hakkrdan

hakkrdan Guest

Hello, all -

I'm going to be moving my Plesk setup to another location here soon. With that, I'll be having to change IPs on the server.

I know how to move a server, I've had lots of experience doing it. However, I don't have any experience donig this with Plesk.

How should I go about re-configuring Plesk to accomodate for the new IPs, incluiding updating DNS information in Plesk, as well as the IPs that Web Sites are assigned to?

Thanks for the time
    -dant

2. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
  3. hakkrdan

hakkrdan Guest

Hello -

This sounds like a good idea, but as one of the commentators had replied on the other board, this script only reconfigures IPs on the base interface, and no aliased or virtual interfaces.

Perhaps I can modify it. I'll take a look.

Thanks!
    -dant

4. hakkrdan

hakkrdan Guest

Anyone have any suggestions for this?

Thanks!
    -dant

5. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

7.5.3 now has /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng which has add/delete IP from webserver, haven'tr tried it, but I would imagine it would also have the same limitations as the old reconfigurator script (regarding alias and virtual interfaces)

I imagine that Plesk *assumes* that you have a single NIC in the server for the outside world. Sad.