• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Changing the default domain on PLESK

C

chillnet

On my server I've set my domain chillnet.co.za as the default domain. Now if a DNS pointing is set to my server and the new domain is not configured yet, my website is displayed. How can I cange this that the default PLESK page "Domain not configured" is displayed.

Most likely your website is exclusive on IP. You can change this and you can customize the default page output by the server. All you have to do is to modify the index page in:

/home/httpd/vhosts/default/htdocs

RE Hardweb

Thanks for the help, but can you tell me how to change it so that my domain is not on the exclusive IP anymore?

In the domain's control panel, click the setup button. The first variable lets you set the IP for the domain. Make sure your DNS settings are correct after you change to the shared IP.

RE phoenixisp

Sorry stil no luck. The IP address is already shared. If you're in the Admin interface on plesk and you click on Server, IP Address it states that the IP is shared and the Default domain is chillnet.co.za. One can't chage that default domain.

Please advise

You can change the default domain if you have more domains on that IP.

RE: Hardweb

I've got 4 domains already configured on my server. Could you please help me with instructions in how to accomplish that?

This works for dedicated IPs, hopefully it will work like this.

Go to the admin control panel and click on "IP Addresses". On the same row as the IP, click on the number under the column "Hosting". All of the domains on that IP should show with a radio button to select which one you want to be default.

Back