1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Changing the default domain on PLESK

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by chillnet, Apr 13, 2005.

1. chillnet

chillnet Guest

On my server I've set my domain chillnet.co.za as the default domain. Now if a DNS pointing is set to my server and the new domain is not configured yet, my website is displayed. How can I cange this that the default PLESK page "Domain not configured" is displayed.

2. hardweb

hardweb Guest

Most likely your website is exclusive on IP. You can change this and you can customize the default page output by the server. All you have to do is to modify the index page in:

/home/httpd/vhosts/default/htdocs

3. chillnet

chillnet Guest

RE Hardweb

Thanks for the help, but can you tell me how to change it so that my domain is not on the exclusive IP anymore?

4. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    In the domain's control panel, click the setup button. The first variable lets you set the IP for the domain. Make sure your DNS settings are correct after you change to the shared IP.

5. chillnet

chillnet Guest

RE phoenixisp

Sorry stil no luck. The IP address is already shared. If you're in the Admin interface on plesk and you click on Server, IP Address it states that the IP is shared and the Default domain is chillnet.co.za. One can't chage that default domain.

Please advise

6. hardweb

hardweb Guest

You can change the default domain if you have more domains on that IP.

7. chillnet

chillnet Guest

RE: Hardweb

I've got 4 domains already configured on my server. Could you please help me with instructions in how to accomplish that?

8. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    This works for dedicated IPs, hopefully it will work like this.

Go to the admin control panel and click on "IP Addresses". On the same row as the IP, click on the number under the column "Hosting". All of the domains on that IP should show with a radio button to select which one you want to be default.