• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Changing the hostname question

scsa20

Just a nobody
Plesk Guru
Hello there, recently I just got my dedicated server that's running Plesk 9.2 on a CentOS 5 Linux box. I was wondering, if I change the hostname in plesk, will that also update the needed settings on the Linux box as well or do I need to do some manual configurations? I find the default hostname "server1.domain.com" blend for my taste and want to change so just wondering. Thank you for any help.

Yeah, that article doesn't really tell me much because I know that I have the option to change the hostname in that setting section, what I don't know is rather or not if I would need to manually edit the /etc/hosts and /etc/sysconfig/network manually afterwords as well is what I'm trying to ask (I don't think I made it clear at first).

You need to setup the DNS records for this hostname correctly with your registrar.
If you do not want this hostname to be resolved from external network than you can just add it to /etc/hosts.

Back