• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

changing the ip info on plesk

Q

quincewyss

I had some ip issues with my server, that I have now fixed. In the process I had to change the IP of my server. what files do I need to update in the plesk host management system, or can I get into the control pannel and make the changes there?

Thanks for the help!
Quince

If you have already reconfigured the OS for the new IP(s) and verified it's working, then in the control panel go to Servers, IP Addresses, click on 'Reread IP', then verify that it shows the new one(s) in the list.

Then change the domain(s) to the new one(s), finally go back and remove the old IP(s) which show with a red icon (since they are no longer on the server).

Thanks, that makes alot of sense. I have really simple question now (don't laugh at me). How do I hit the control pannel while on the linux box that runs plesk?

Okay you can laugh at me a little if you like :)

Thanks!
Quince

http://localhost:8443 should always work from the box itself, since localhost == 127.0.0.1 == own machine.

Even under windows, 127.0.0.1 / localhost is defined as the local machine, regardless of any other IP address configured for the network card(s).

No laughter, everyone learns.

Back