• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Clam AV and Plesk 8.2 on CentOS

Netcontac

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

Does anybody has tried Clam Antivirus with Plesk 8.2 on CentOS?

I had read about qscanq-psa but under Plesk 7.5, I also found the Atomic Turtle RPMs but they look out of date.

Greetings

They're all up to date (spamassassin 3.2.1, Clamav 0.91.1). Only thing I havent done is a qmail-scanner package for CentOS5 because of the impending ASL 2.0 release. You sure you're not looking at the old archive or something?

Atomic Archive : plesk

../ May 28 2007 08:22:17 4kb
7.5.4/ Mar 17 2007 19:33:33 4kb
8.0.1/ Mar 17 2007 19:33:33 4kb
8.1.1/ May 26 2007 05:24:43 4kb

I understood there was going to be a 8.2.0 reference.

Hello Scott,

When do you plan to make qmail-scanner available for CentOS 5?

Hi,

Now that Sourcefire has acquired ClamAV, until its marketing model is showed I see it as another commercial option where I found more productive soltutions, as 4psa clean server powered with F-Prot Antivirus.

You may think it is not cheap, but considering the time used to install and maintain plus its performance within the Web server and its integration with Plesk, I have not found something better.

Greetings

If Sourcefire hasn't done anything to worry about with Snort in the last 4 years, Im sure clamav is safe as well. The bulk of virus signatures are user submitted anyway, not created by clamav so... nothing to see here folks. PS- F-prot works just fine in qmail-scanner too... along with kaspersky, sophos, nod32, etc.

I'll get qmail-scanner for CentOS5 done soon. I'm running into a weird build problem with maildrop on that platform, thats the only hangup (anyone want to debug maildrop builds in mock?).

Hello,

I am already using 4psa cleanserver but for antispam I prefer qmail-scanner over 4psa antispam.

We're setting up a new CentOS 5 server right now and trying to figure out the virus scanning stuff. Should we try to install the CentOS 4 RPM of qmail-scanner? Will it even work? Is there another way to get ClamAV running on incoming mail before the CentOS 5 qmail-scanner is working?

I'd be happy to help a little bit, but doubt I have any relevant experience to help debug the build problems.

Originally posted by koolnyze
Hello,

I am already using 4psa cleanserver but for antispam I prefer qmail-scanner over 4psa antispam.

Hi,

Does qmail-scanner from ART also support moving all spam messages to a separate quarantine folder (instead of tagging them as spam and delivering them immediately anyway, like Plesk's SpamAssasin integration does) and sending out a daily notification email to the user about the content of his quarantine folder?

Thanks.

Back