1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Clam Av Problems.

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by rubensans, Feb 2, 2005.

1. rubensans

rubensans Guest

See Images;

I installed it, desactivaded Dr.WEB; switch to CLAM AV in PLESK.

It consumes a lot of cpu and finaly brokens.

Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rubensans

rubensans Guest

3. disoft

disoft Guest

I get exactly the same thing unfortunately :(

I can't believe the number of problems and shortcomings I have had with plesk compared to cpanel :(

4. gmoody

gmoody Guest

I had the same problem. It seems that without spamassassin enabled on the server, the clamav service does not run properly. Once I enabled spamassassin it ran fine (maybe someone else can confirm this) HOWEVER, it seems that there is a problem with spamassassin and 7.0.3 (the messages do not get tagged as spam) Plesk support has confirmed this problem.

5. rubensans

rubensans Guest

I will be waiting on a plesk update then.

It will be nice that they keep us updated in the forum.

Best Regards.

6. Big D

Big D Guest

Probably CLAM AV's tmp folder is overfill. Try to empty it. That should do it.

7. rubensans

rubensans Guest

8. WebCTRL

WebCTRL Guest

Same problem!

Does anyone have ClamVirus working ?

9. aracnet

aracnet Guest

mine is working perfectly up to now. I have just upgraded to plesk from 7.0.1 to 7.0.3 and isntalled ClamAV .

As i say i works.the only problem i saw is after a server restart DRWeb become enabled againg automatically(althouh i set ClamAV as default filter in Plesk) which caused mails do not work. BUt i disabled DrWeb and problem is solvwed

10. rubensans

rubensans Guest

it seem that to make clamav work yo need the spamassasin extension and 7.0.3, but then spamassasin don't work...

grrrrrr.... too much issues with plesk.

Best Regards.

11. WebCTRL

WebCTRL Guest

Well good luck!

7.0.3 is NOT stable and still having a lots of problems with it.

And Yes

The default virus does not work and ClamAV does not work.....
    It keep going back to DRWeb

Perhaps you can create a Plesk ticket and just wait like all of us.

12. rubensans

rubensans Guest

Since I get Plesk from a reseller; ev1servers, I cannot create tickets. (Well, I can, but no support).

Bye.

13. rubensans

rubensans Guest

I have updated to plesk premiere licence that has spamassasin, and still gets the error (100%cpu).

Thanks,

Ruben.

14. aracnet

aracnet Guest

At last my Clam AV has problems with plesk too. It stops nearly once a day. And I have to restart Clam Av service once a day nearly.

My server is a company server which has only 3 domains so it should not be because of CPU Load. What is the reason of it?