• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Clam AV taking up 100% CPU

G

glennj

I had to remove clam av as it was taking up all the CPU usage. It kept spawning new processes until the server slowed down to a halt. I haven't a clue why it was doing this.

Has anyone any suggestions for this? Should I put clam av back on, but maybe a newer version? Should I put a different virus checker on? Or maybe should I just leave it as it is?

All suggestions greatly appreciated!

Yes, I'm pretty sure it was.

It had been working for ages, but then suddenly went mental!

Unfortunately I'm not too sure as it's been uninstalled now.

I used your script to set-up the server when I first got it. I think it was the first release you had done for CentOS 5.

I have removed clam av and the qmail-scanner component for now. Is there a newer release I should consider installing that will behave itself?

I know there was a DoS bug in older versions, so Im wondering if it was that. Its really weird to see it chewing up that much CPU all the time, my second hunch would be that it was related to a bad rule file.

Could well be hey.

Do you have a newer version available now from your site? Is it easy enough to just install clam av and qmail-scanner?

Many thanks for your help

Sure, Ive got 0.92.1 or 2. Whatever the latest is, in the the [atomic] channel. You'd just run "yum install clamd qmail-scanner"

Back