• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

clamav and debian install of plesk

P

perler

i tried to adopt the RH howto from here http://www.hostbird.com/index.php?mi=open-source-antivir1&ri=open-source-antivir5b to my debian system and came almost to a good end.

the problem which persists is, that when i try to send (or for testing matters inject) mail i get this:

Code:
root@server# /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject -a root < /usr/local/qscanq/src/TEST-BAD    

qmail-inject: fatal: mail server temporarily rejected message (#4.3.0)

i suspect, that i didn't completely did all the operations the clamav_alter.sh script does, so i think it's a permissions problem.

could someone knowledgable tell me in his own words what is important in the script and presumably causing the error?

PAT

I will try to install clamav on debian, soon. ;)

Your error seems to be none. I can see that qmail-inject is rejecting the message with the TEST-BAD (eg. EICAR Test signature).

Isn't this how it should work? You where protected of the bad Mail (TEST-BAD) by rejecting the message.

problem is, TEST-GOOD gets rejected too:
Code:
 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject -a root < /usr/local/qscanq/src/TEST-GOOD
qmail-inject: fatal: mail server temporarily rejected message (#4.3.0)

PAT

Please try to tell qscanq that it should run in debug mode.

export DEBUG=1; /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject -a root < /usr/local/qscanq/src/TEST-GOOD

What does it tell now?

PS: I will try to install it, soon. Where did you get the packages for ripmime, qscanq-psa and clamav? Alternative apt source? Compiled from source?

Knd rgrds Stefan

Originally posted by death
Please try to tell qscanq that it should run in debug mode.

export DEBUG=1; /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject -a root < /usr/local/qscanq/src/TEST-GOOD

What does it tell now?

Code:
export DEBUG=1; /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject -a root < /usr/local/qscanq/src/TEST-GOOD  qscanq-stdin: fatal: failed to execve scanner: file does not exist  some problem occurred while scanning the message  qmail-inject: fatal: mail server temporarily rejected message (#4.3.0)
PS: I will try to install it, soon. Where did you get the packages for ripmime, qscanq-psa and clamav? Alternative apt source? Compiled from source?
good question ;) - definitely no apt-source. and i usually tend to use the packages as described in the tutorials.. here a re the filnames of the packages involved:

Code:
[root@iss1 /root/src/AV <13:38:37> ]# ls -1  clamav_alter.sh  qscanq-0.42-psa-0.06.tar.gz  ripmime-1.4.0.5.tar.gz

Back