• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ClamAV problems

J

jerry2

Hi there

Two days in a row I am having 100% CPU utilization and I see the SYSTEM process clamscan.exe is running 4 times and using all the CPU. When I kill the processes it is all back to normal.

Any ideas what is going on? I have the latest version of ClamAV for windows.

Jerry

Most likely there are one or more infected files on your server which is why the your anti virus is using all server cpu monitoring them.

Run your antivirus and find out what is it remove the infected files and them make sure to restart your server.

No, there are no infected files. The ClamAV is stuck on the mail I get to my server. It is not ClamWin, it is ClamAV for mail checking.

I've found that deleting all of the files from "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Bad Mail\" and "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Bad Mail\messages\" gets rid of the multiple instances of clamscan.exe

Back