1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

ClamAV problems

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by jerry2, May 21, 2006.

1. jerry2

jerry2 Guest

Hi there

Two days in a row I am having 100% CPU utilization and I see the SYSTEM process clamscan.exe is running 4 times and using all the CPU. When I kill the processes it is all back to normal.

Any ideas what is going on? I have the latest version of ClamAV for windows.

Jerry

2. kami@

kami@ Guest

Most likely there are one or more infected files on your server which is why the your anti virus is using all server cpu monitoring them.

Run your antivirus and find out what is it remove the infected files and them make sure to restart your server.

3. jerry2

jerry2 Guest

No, there are no infected files. The ClamAV is stuck on the mail I get to my server. It is not ClamWin, it is ClamAV for mail checking.

4. mikelegg

mikelegg Guest

I've found that deleting all of the files from "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Bad Mail\" and "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Bad Mail\messages\" gets rid of the multiple instances of clamscan.exe