• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

client backup to FTP failing

D

daffoml

When I go into a client backup, I can backup locally fine, but when I choose FTP repository I get:

Error: Failed to write test data to the FTP account ftp://backup12.netplatform.com/plesk_backups/: delete error: QUOT string not accepted: DELE plesk_backups/_3d17554542fe1c601ee69fbc93f80138

I can ftp from the web server to the FTP server with the backup credentials just fine, when I log in, I have the plesk_backups folder in the 'root' of my FTP directory. I can transfer, delete, rename, etc any file I try.

The FTP server I'm going to is running wuftp, and works for other FTP applications.

Thanks

Were you able to resolve this issue? I'm experiencing this exact problem with every version of Plesk from 8.0.1 to the current 8.4.0 with all updates applied, on CentOS. Here's my error message (IP address redacted):

Code:
Error: Failed to write test data to the FTP account ftp://76.123.xxx.xxx:21/array1/FTP/bkup/: delete error: QUOT string not accepted: DELE array1/FTP/bkup/_d40ce6d16a33ae3d1af42c538a99f7c4

The FTP server itself is just fine. I've tried connecting to it remotely from my notebook using the same username and password I've configured Plesk to use, and I've confirmed I can create / delete both files and directories without issue.

Plesk though, cannot. It fails every single time during configuration with this "delete error" message, and hence refuses to accept my FTP details.

You people SERIOUSLY need to get your spam problem under control. I've had not one iota of help from Parallels so far, but I've had no less than four (edit: six now) spam replies to my message already.

I know Parallels is watching this thread because you're deleting the spam posts, but your time might be rather better spent actually configuring your forum properly so as to prevent spam in the first place, and then devoting the resources you currently waste on deleting spam to perhaps... help your customers?

No, I never did find a fix for that. I wrote a scrupt to do it, and set it up in a cron job, it's a bad script though, only works every so often without failure...I need to update my skills :(

Thanks for the reply! Utterly pathetic that nobody from Parallels can be bothered to even acknowledge your issue in four months, let alone help fix it in any way. It's clearly a problem in Plesk itself, as every other FTP client I try has zero problems with the server - and this bug has been in the last four major (8.x) releases at the very least.

I'm currently backing up my server preparatory to moving hosts. This issue has just guaranteed - I will be choosing my new server with one important fact first and foremost:

IT WILL NOT HAVE PLESK ON IT.

I've had it with the total lack of support.

Back