• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Client Cannot Download emails from server

C

chep

I have my friend who is using his mac on our Fedora server. We just did an upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 and now he is able to send emails but cannot download any of them from the server. He tried using the "connection doctor" which shows he has no connection problems to the server.

How can I find out the root issue on the server?
Where would I find any related logs?

Thank you

Is he/she able to login to webmail and see his messages?

Is he/she sending messages out using his ISP SMTP server or is he using the server?

Is he/she using for their login to the server the full [email protected]?

There are a few questions to pin point the issue.

Yes He can log into webmail no problems there.

He is using the server which I think it sending via authenticated SMTP.

I will have to check on the 3rd question later this evening.

I went over to his place. I set up the account on my system as well. Same problem.

Something to do with the account at least. If not all mails on that particular domain don't seem to permit neither one of our computers to download any of the messages from the server. My program tells me there are 686 messages but is unable to download any of them.

Ok.

I was able to go into the Plesk control panel under this domain. Then I deleted this particular mail account and recreated it. We lost all the mail that was sitting in that box though. That "resolved the issue" but there was something that clearly went wrong with the upgrade that caused the issue. For the record - he was able to download all mail from his iPhone the entire time. It was his laptop and my laptop which were completely blocked. Very strange. Maybe some setting became corrupt for permissions - who knows?

was he setup as imap at home or pop3?

Also do you have pop3 lock enabled in your master mail settings?

Possibly his iphone and his computer checking email at the same caused the pop3 lock to become active on his account

Pop3 lock was not enabled. I am sure it was due to the upgrade. It has been working flawlessly for months like this. Until the afternoon of the upgrade.

Back