• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Client Domains

M

Molly Naik

Hi, just a quick question.

Can clients/users have their own domain assigned to the site they have created? if so where can they enter this or do i (admin) have to do this manually?

Also, i purchased my software less than a year ago, can i upgrade from 4.2 to 4.5 for free?

Thanks

Could you please clarify your question? Are you talking about integration with Parallels Plesk CP? In this case you need (as an administrator) make sure that Plesk and Sitebuilder are integrated. After that enable Sitebuilder support on client (it is managed in Permissions) section and then add Sitebuilder for the domain in hosting management section. For more information you could refer to Plesk manual depending on which Plesk version do you have.
If you are using Sitebuilder as standalone I assume you are asking about possibility to publish site into appropriate domain. This could be setup in Publication Settings for site.

If you have 4.2 version then it is possible to upgrade to 4.5 version for free as license key should suit to 4.x versions. Refer to installation guide for details about how to perform this update: http://download1.parallels.com/Site...en_US/sitebuilder-4.5-win-installation-guide/

I was wondering the same thing.

I have sitebuilder installed as a stand alone, when a client creates their site, can they use their own domain name and get traffic to come to the website they created with sitebuilder?

ie. 2 client creates website using sitebuilder, one client has www.domainname.com and the other www.sitename.com, by going to these domains, will they go to the correct site. If so would the client need to enter domain name at publish or would admin? and would the client have to set up any redirections with their domain company (nameservers etc)

i couldn't find any information on this in the documentation.

thanks

Yes, of course, client can create site and publish it to his own domain. In most cases publication goes via FTP and client need specify FTP publishing settings like FTP user name, FTP password, domain URL and working directory. It can be specified by user or by admin. Administrator can also restrict users to modify publishing settings (it is done through Plan parameters). During publication Sitebuilder connects to remote (or it can be also local) publishing server, establishes connection, checks publication side and copy necessary site files. After that site can leave without Sitebuilder. Only editing process goes through Sitebuilder Wizard.
Let me know if you meant anything else and there are still questions exist.

I've got a few more question such as a default upload settings (so clients can upload to my servers) and how would they point their domain to their site eg, 50 clients, 50 sites, how does each domain chose which site to link to?... is there any documentation on this?

If it is allowed for the customers to make changes in publications settings than each user could specify necessary settings like host, domain URL, FTP user credentials for his own site. For more information please refer to the following part of Site Owner's guide: http://download1.parallels.com/Site..._US/html/editing_site_publishing_settings.htm
If it is not allowed for the customers to make publishing settings changes (it is regulated by Plan properties) then Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder administrator should configure settings for each site.

Back